xcarnivalman
2007 Charger SRT8
Hi all,
THANK YOU for this site/info. So nice to know it's here.
I'm in the process of "fixing" my 2007 Charger SRT8. Got in and it woud'nt move out of park. I've read this whole thread and the entire (excellent!!) "how to" written by Quick (THANK YOU!!)
Here's my question:
Based on what I've read I'm thinking my problem may be the white electrical/mechanical "solenoid" that is operated by the key?
When I get in the car I can start the car, push the brake pedal and it won't let me shift out of park. However, if I pull the cable coming out of the white "solenoid" toward the back of the car the car will shift normally.
Shouldn't the cable coming out of the white "solenoid" go slack/release when I start the car and depress the brake pedal? It doesn't, I have to manually pull it? Or is the spring on the "pink thingy" what normally pulls the cable out of the white "solenoid"?
I don't want to pull the console and shifter assembly to remove the "pink thingy" if the problem is the white "solenoid" is not releasing the cable?
Please advise.
THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU for this site/info. So nice to know it's here.
I'm in the process of "fixing" my 2007 Charger SRT8. Got in and it woud'nt move out of park. I've read this whole thread and the entire (excellent!!) "how to" written by Quick (THANK YOU!!)
Here's my question:
Based on what I've read I'm thinking my problem may be the white electrical/mechanical "solenoid" that is operated by the key?
When I get in the car I can start the car, push the brake pedal and it won't let me shift out of park. However, if I pull the cable coming out of the white "solenoid" toward the back of the car the car will shift normally.
Shouldn't the cable coming out of the white "solenoid" go slack/release when I start the car and depress the brake pedal? It doesn't, I have to manually pull it? Or is the spring on the "pink thingy" what normally pulls the cable out of the white "solenoid"?
I don't want to pull the console and shifter assembly to remove the "pink thingy" if the problem is the white "solenoid" is not releasing the cable?
Please advise.
THANK YOU!!