Vortech Blower System

okay, heres where i really need help. what else do i need for this bad boy? it will most likely be going on either a low compression 392 or 426. what kind of injectors should i get? what kinds of gauges should i get? this car wont be seeing dr's or the drag strip for that matter so im not getting a lsd. would i be safe in forgoing half shafts as well? any input would be danderrific. since every attempt at getting a very particular type of jetski fell through, and my shrink said i need some sort of release from the norm, this is my jetski. <3

what will the meth kit do? how "streetable" would 12lbs of boost be?
 
okay, heres where i really need help. what else do i need for this bad boy? it will most likely be going on either a low compression 392 or 426. what kind of injectors should i get? what kinds of gauges should i get? this car wont be seeing dr's or the drag strip for that matter so im not getting a lsd. would i be safe in forgoing half shafts as well? any input would be danderrific. since every attempt at getting a very particular type of jetski fell through, and my shrink said i need some sort of release from the norm, this is my jetski. <3

what will the meth kit do? how "streetable" would 12lbs of boost be?

Do you plan on running it on your stock bottom end for now? If so the injectors on the kit are fine. If you go to a stoker later you can upgrade injectors then. If you don't plan on the drag strip than half shafts are not a necessity at this point. I would spend my $$ right now on guages and a meth kit...both of which we can help you with. I would look at a wideband and boost at minimum. When you do plan on more boost a pulley upgrade is simple, along with your forged internals.
Call us if you need anything bud. Congrats on your new found boost!
 
why would you want to drop the compression?
 
why would you want to drop the compression?

yup.

Markus I ran 12psi on my old Paxton kit and was just fine for daily driving.

Keep the CR at 10.3:1 if you are only going to max the boost to 12psi. This way, if you ever want to delete the blower, you will still have loads of HP from the motor.
 
why would you want to drop the compression?

Because he doesn't know what he's talking about and wanted to sound like he did.....same thing I would have said! LOL
 
...and an EGT gauge

oh yeah...... get one of these as well markus....... then tell me where you got it, part numbers, prices, and of course pics. that way i can do the same, pass it off as my idea and give all the info to dave and impress the hell out of him for once..........

Btw: markus is a profane perverted sicko on the forums (why we love him) but he has such a sweet voice on the phone... Makes me wanna kiss him! Lmao!!!

yeah, markus does seem to have a purdy mouth to go with that sweet voice!!!

Did you sell them yet???? If not, I want to buy them..........

not exactly.....

Because he doesn't know what he's talking about and wanted to sound like he did.....same thing I would have said! LOL

now this is funny!!!


marky - if you still have my number, give me a hollar. having been an f/i newbie at the beginning of the year, and having picked every brain, read every book, mag, thread, post, etc on this subject and actually installing my own set up with scotts help, i will give you the leighmans version and not try and sell anything to you! :bigwink:
 
Now that we got all that taken care of, I want to know how you set the date on your camera to 1/1/07?
 
Now that we got all that taken care of, I want to know how you set the date on your camera to 1/1/07?

Are you really asking that question....REALLY? We're talking about Jason here! You know he didn't set shit...that's how it came out of the box! LOL
 
Are you really asking that question....REALLY? We're talking about Jason here! You know he didn't set shit...that's how it came out of the box! LOL

Well, I thought about it for a bit.

1) I suppose the default date they're hard coding now a days is something different than the one they used to always use... so maybe that is how it came out of the box.

2) but, once you put batteries in it the day changes every day right? Then again if you just let the batteries die I suppose it reverts back to the default.

So you think Jason bought that camera in preparation for the baby and never took it out of the box? or maybe used it once a year ago and the batteries died?
 
Well, I thought about it for a bit.

1) I suppose the default date they're hard coding now a days is something different than the one they used to always use... so maybe that is how it came out of the box.

2) but, once you put batteries in it the day changes every day right? Then again if you just let the batteries die I suppose it reverts back to the default.

So you think Jason bought that camera in preparation for the baby and never took it out of the box? or maybe used it once a year ago and the batteries died?

I'm not sure about all that Dave....but, I know Jason hasn't changed a damn thing on his camera. Hell, I've got about 100 photos in my email taken from his queer I-Phone....nothing from a regular digital camera!
 
You all know it's his better half's camera and she doesn't allow him that much hands on time to be able to change the date!
 
Markus I just heard the great news man. Congrats!!!!!
 
thanks guys!
rick, yeah pretty much.
chris, ill call you this week some time and pick your brain
 
Make sure you look HARD into the meth kit!

I second that Markus. Chris knows the ropes... just follow his advice and you'll be good to go. The kit needs a meth kit to be 100% safe... and those aren't expensive.

*Get in touch with John (sdcarguy) about how he had his meth kit setup to use the wiper fluid dispenser as a resovoir... VERY SLICK!
 
I second that Markus. Chris knows the ropes... just follow his advice and you'll be good to go. The kit needs a meth kit to be 100% safe... and those aren't expensive.

*Get in touch with John (sdcarguy) about how he had his meth kit setup to use the wiper fluid dispenser as a resovoir... VERY SLICK!

nothing is 100% safe. even stock motors break. markus, momo is correct about useing the washer bottle. just tap the tank as low as you can. there is room to mount thee pump on the cross member that goes under the radiator (but you will have to modify the brake cooling duct on the right side). i will see if i have any pics i can send you.
 
I'm not sure about all that Dave....but, I know Jason hasn't changed a damn thing on his camera. Hell, I've got about 100 photos in my email taken from his queer I-Phone....nothing from a regular digital camera!

You secretly want one. Your jealousy is as green as the grass! LMAO!
 
I'm not sure about all that Dave....but, I know Jason hasn't changed a damn thing on his camera. Hell, I've got about 100 photos in my email taken from his queer I-Phone....nothing from a regular digital camera!

"look! if I turn the phone sideways the screen changes so it's pointing up again, back and the screen changes back, sideways, back, sideways, back, sideways, back, ...

It's no wonder he doesn't answer calls, he's "busy". :rofl2:
 
"look! if I turn the phone sideways the screen changes so it's pointing up again, back and the screen changes back, sideways, back, sideways, back, sideways, back, ...

It's no wonder he doesn't answer calls, he's "busy". :rofl2:

I'm above that, David... slightly, but still above! LMAO!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top