Tam's right. You really don't need to worry about fussing with your ride for this event. As long as your brakes work fine, and nothing's about to fall off your ride, then you'll do just fine, as well.
If you get the "competitive" bug after participating in the SpeedFest though, then....... sorry.......... my bad. :tomato:
Hey Carl!Count me in Oz. How do we pay?
C.
Impossible to say, Bud. "As many as you feel comfortable with" is the best answer I can give you. Some folks go nuts, and practically destroy their brake pads and tires.Ozzie, how many runs would someone "typically" do at the auto-x? I just don't want to go through a set of pads and tires.
Awesome! :rock:Done!
C.
WooHooo! Alright Hal! :thumb3:I'm in. Paid. Just hope my car is ready.
Impossible to say, Bud. "As many as you feel comfortable with" is the best answer I can give you. Some folks go nuts, and practically destroy their brake pads and tires.
Others take it easy, concentrating on driving quickly, and smoothly. Checking the condition of their brakes regularly, taking into account how far they need to drive home after the event. Typically, they are the ones with the best results at the end of the day, too.
It's not so much the number of runs, really. But how AGGRESSIVELY you tackle the course.
Plus, you can alternate. Do a run or two of the autocross, then switch to the drag session right across the tarmac. If you start with your ride in good condition though, you should be able to have fun all day without running out of brake pads or ruining any tires. And get home safely.
One payment of $95.00 (until March 1) covers one participant for the whole day's activities.if we want to enter more than 1 class do we have to pay for each or pay once and enter different classes?
Thanks for signing up! There is a survey on the SpeedFest signup page that has the classifications.i went and paid the $95 but it will not let me chooe a class. it shows a graph of entries. there was no spot at paypal either. do we choose when we get there?
It would be GREAT to see you here, mate! :thumb3:OH MAN!!!
Ozzie, this is great!
I'm gonna try my hardest to be there. I have some mods to do. If I can get 'em done in time, I'm there, bud!
Thanks Carl! If you get a chance to check it out, PM me what the cost is from that source.Oz man, do you need me to do something about VHT? I guess the place is right here in AZ.
C.