Looks like I've got the dreaded clunk.

why did you leave it there? You should have picked it up after they looked at it and then taken it back when the parts arrived. I am surprized that the dealer enen tried to get bushings for an aftermarket part. They should have just sent you on your way.

Keep reading...
 
Okay, the sound in the front right side of my car is still there, just not as horrendous thanks to the swaybar bushing fix. Just sounds like something's loose when I encounter any particularly large bumps while moving slowly (parking lots, streets).

Tension struts. You're over due. Seems like they go out about every 35K.

ummm, try a different dealer this time?
 
Last edited:
I am close to 35K also. So, I might as well prepare.

Are there better tension struts to get than OEM?

..
 
Not that I know of. It's usually the bush that wears out and occassionally the joint on the other end.
 
Well, after all that, the rattle I've had since getting the Charger back from the dealer boiled down to human error. It seems the tech hand-tightened the bolts on the swaybar. So the tech at my regular service dept in Modesto was kind enough to fully tighten all the bolts AND the end-links and now there is NO rattling, thumping, thunking, crunching or any other unpleasantness when I encounter bumps in the road. The original issue was just the swaybar bushings finally wearing out after about 4 years of heavy-duty service. Thanks for all your input and suggestions!
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top