Dyno = NO JOY!

dont let the srt-4 fool you, those damn things are fast!!!!
 
^ Yes, they can be really quick...but most of the real speed comes from the aftermarket support. The poster asked about stock. Sure, the 4's are quick in stock form, but they aren't that quick. If I remember they are only good for high 13 stock...with a good track AND a good driver. (that's Neons - maybe a little better for the Caliber, but I don't know)
 
I am new to the "other SRT's scene" lol..... How does the SRT6 compare to the rest of us? STOCK that is.....modz can be all over the board! from mild to INSANE!

ANYONE know a TRUE list of fastest to slowest STOCK SRT's....

kinda like( my guess only-probably wrong...haha)

#1. VIPER SRT10
#2. SRT8 JEEP GC
#3. SRT8 CHALLY
#4. SRT8 CHARGER/ C300 SRT8
#5. SRT8 MAGNUM
#6 SRT10 RAM
#7. SRT6 CROSSFIRE ?
#8. SRT4 CALIBER
#9. SRT4 NEON
haha not trying to step on anyones feelings here...just curious

If it was from a roll the neon would be higher on the list
 
You know....come to think of it.....I have never seen an SRT-6 in person. I see crossfires all the time....just never an SRT.
 
#1. VIPER SRT10
#2. SRT8 JEEP GC
#3. SRT8 CHALLY
#4. SRT8 CHARGER/ C300 SRT8
#5. SRT8 MAGNUM
#6 SRT10 RAM
#7. SRT6 CROSSFIRE ?
#8. SRT4 CALIBER
#9. SRT4 NEON

not trying to step on anyones feelings here...just curious

Until the advent of the 392 SRT vehicles coming out, this is what was quoted previously from Chry Co. regarding the SRT line up;

"Currently the fastest SRT production models are the 2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 series with a recorded quarter mile time of 11.7 seconds. The other SRT models have recorded quarter mile performances from 12.8 seconds for the AMG-based Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 to the Dodge Caliber SRT-4 at 14.4 seconds."

The SRT-6 is rare, aproximately only 2800 were ever built. While you may not see one very often, don't underestimate it!
 
i have rraced plenty of the 6.1s and the only one i cant beat is the jeep. i have beat ansrt ram but not by much. and i am no match for a 392 haha id say were all right there about the same until you mod the 4, those things are crazy!!
 
This thread keeps popping up so I'll update it. I've learned that Crossfires dyno like any other car. You don't need a 4WD dyno or need to pull any fuses. The misinformation you hear. I'm still lousy at the 1/4 mile but managed a 12.7 at 113 with a 2.0 60'. Best dyno to date is 321 rwhp on a Mustang dyno. I do track days and compete in Solo events and now that I've learned to drive, I usually make the podium in my SRT-6.
As far as how to dyno a Crossfire .... the auto downshifts and the only way to have a decent run is to roll into the throttle. I start at 2500, 1/2 throttle until 3000, 3/4 throttle until 3500 and then press to the floor. The torque curve on these cars is beautiful. It's a table from start to redline with only a 10 or 20 ft. lb. variation from start to finish. So what you have comes on instantly.

Les
 
This thread keeps popping up so I'll update it. I've learned that Crossfires dyno like any other car. You don't need a 4WD dyno or need to pull any fuses. The misinformation you hear. I'm still lousy at the 1/4 mile but managed a 12.7 at 113 with a 2.0 60'. Best dyno to date is 321 rwhp on a Mustang dyno. I do track days and compete in Solo events and now that I've learned to drive, I usually make the podium in my SRT-6.
As far as how to dyno a Crossfire .... the auto downshifts and the only way to have a decent run is to roll into the throttle. I start at 2500, 1/2 throttle until 3000, 3/4 throttle until 3500 and then press to the floor. The torque curve on these cars is beautiful. It's a table from start to redline with only a 10 or 20 ft. lb. variation from start to finish. So what you have comes on instantly.

Les
Ahhhh good to know.

Wow, old post bump..
Was worth it as I did too. :P
 
Now 11.9 at 117.40. I'm not looking for more for the time being. I'm maxed out on the stock injectors and don't need more problems with tuning by email. Now at 350hp at 6000 rpm on the same mustang dyno. I raised the limiter on the ECU but could never get the TCU tune to perform correctly. It worked on the dyno, just not anywhere else. 372 hp at 6350 rpm.

Les
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top