auto transport company

IrishChamp

Full Access Member
Full Access
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I need to find a realiable auto transport company, I've gotten quotes that range from 800 to 1500 but just don't know if any of the companies are any good. I'm scared because about 3 or 4 years ago I shipped a car cross country and it took almost 6 weeks!! Anyone who has had a good experience lately, I would really appreciate your input.
 
Drive it.....


lulz...I've used MATSON before (I think thats the name)

Worked out ok.
 
I just shipped my Charger from Wyoming.
You will deal with a broker who lists your car on "the board." Regardless what broker you use, most trucking companies all look at the same "board" and decide whether or not to pick up your car. The broker usually keeps a portion of the cost and you pay the trucking company the majority of it directly. Lower advertised costs simply mean your car is listed at a lower price and is less likely to be picked up by a trucking outfit.

I got extremely lucky as an enclosed carrier noticed my car listed on the "board" and happened to be passing through. My final destination was only a few miles from the driver's house so he picked up my car.

I used Trinity Transport (a broker) and the trucking company who elected to transport my car was Showtime Motorsports.
 
Last edited:
If you can afford it, and you really LOVE your car...definitely ship in a covered trailer. When I moved from CA to GA, the company that I used to ship the car we didn't drive, put it on the bottom rack of a trailer. The car above, was leaking fluid onto the hood of my car. That and they left the driver side window down the whole way, so not only was the exterior trashed, but the interior was just as bad.
 
PM replied to fionn. Your quotes were right in the neighborhood I was getting for 1500 miles. Good luck!
 
How far? I'd drive it and take a plane back if it was only 1000 miles. Check out Spirit Air for lowball rates. But if it is plumb out across the country, I'd go with a broker as well.
 
thanks.
Here are some more choices to look @

www.exoticcartransport.com Enclosed Carrier Service (Nationwide Transport) Orlando FL

www.dnatransport.com Enclosed Carrier Service
Phoenix AZ

Gran Turismo Motorsports
Email: [email protected]

High End Transport
www.gohet.com

Tranport Masters
www.transportmasters.com

Nations Transport
www.nationstransport.com

Auto Premier Carriers
Email: [email protected]
free quotes 877-667-7364


It may make sense to use a local transporter as it may save some drive time. I would select enclosed. Your car deserves it and it will show.
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top