Well....that is lame....

StevoSRT

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
19,139
Reaction score
2
Points
0
So, I finally got the charger out for the first "real" drive for the year....

I was on the highway, noticing my fuel pressure gauge flickering (bad sign).

Just tried to get it home before anything bad happened.

Didn't make it.

Ended up losing all fuel pressure on the highway.

Tried a few things to get it started, nothing worked, fuel pressure 0.

2 hours of waiting on a tow truck that could deal with my car lol.

At least it was only a 6 mile tow back to my house.

So, weather is getting super nice and the charger is a paperweight until I can get the new Arrington fuel hat installed.

So thats what I am up to...yay me :wallbash:
 
It must have failed because the car is red. I'll bet had your car been orange, the feul would have had no problem maintaining normal pressure. LoL!
 
Don't fuel pumps last forever .... or is your filter clogged with gunk. Let us know the verdict why you have it.

Les

They may if you dont run an additional 50amps through them with a Boost-a-Pump haha. I have a custom fuel setup running the OEM pump and a War255.

Did some snooping and it looks like the boost a pumps have a tendency to burn up the light gauge OEM wiring, so I will be looking there first. I have heard clogged fuel pump a bunch of times as well, and the car did sit all winter, so it could very well have had some crap settle down on the bottom of the fuel tank.

Will have to do some looking when I get a chance.

It must have failed because the car is red. I'll bet had your car been orange, the feul would have had no problem maintaining normal pressure. LoL!

Yeah slow orange cars dont have problems because of their significant lack of HP and history of being super slow. I wonder who I know who has a very slow orange car :hmm LOL

At some point I am going to replace the setup I have with the Arrington setup, I just need the two things I dont have for the car right now, Time & Money haha.
 
...I just need the two things I dont have for the car right now, Time & Money haha.

Hahahaha...I could use those two things as well. If you ever come accoss any extra send some my way would ya. :bigwink:
 
It looks like the boost a pumps have a tendency to burn up the light gauge OEM wiring, so I will be looking there first. I have heard clogged fuel pump a bunch of times as well, and the car did sit all winter, so it could very well have had some crap settle down on the bottom of the fuel tank.
 
It looks like the boost a pumps have a tendency to burn up the light gauge OEM wiring, so I will be looking there first. I have heard clogged fuel pump a bunch of times as well, and the car did sit all winter, so it could very well have had some crap settle down on the bottom of the fuel tank.

What it ended up being was a burned up relay, which was good news for me lol
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top