Wavetrac 48.309.185WK or Quaife QDF9V-2 LSD

Dookie

Foe twenny sics
Gold Supporter
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
2,884
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Would rather new/unused but will entertain whatever. Have money in hand, looking for the best deal I can get on one or the other.
Please pass the word to other forums, and/or let me know if something pops up for sale elsewhere. I'm only active on a few LX related forums.

Post up or PM me and let's make a deal. Dealers welcome, but not limited.

Kyle
 
Im lovin my Quaife with the 3.55s.....Will keep a watch for one and let you know Kyle...
 
Thanks Larry, but I already had a deal going on that one with John, and was mistakenly told it was the dash 2 version (Hemi Specific), but ended up being the dash 1 (MB Specific)...Either will work, but the dash 2 is higher capacity with larger helical gears internally. I was going to "settle" on the Quaife dash 2 because I had my heart set on the Wavetrac. I dunno, if nothing pops up anytime soon, I may still buy the dash 1 if he would sweeten the deal.

BTW, I plan to retain my stock 3.06 ratio. Honestly don't see the use in a steeper gear after 450 RWHP.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Larry, but I already had a deal going on that one with John, and was mistakenly told it was the dash 2 version (Hemi Specific), but ended up being the dash 1 (MB Specific)...Either will work, but the dash 2 is higher capacity with larger helical gears internally. I was going to "settle" on the Quaife dash 2 because I had my heart set on the Wavetrac. I dunno, if nothing pops up anytime soon, I may still buy the dash 1 if he would sweeten the deal.

BTW, I plan to retain my stock 3.06 ratio. Honestly don't see the use in a steeper gear after 450 RWHP.

I didnt realize there were 2 different Quaifes.....wonder which one I have?....how can you tell the difference?.............the 3.06 probably is a better choice for the track especially with a smaller than stock diameter DRs....but I really like the kick in the butt feel on the road....
 
Hp kicks some butt too...:)

I would look at your invoice from where you go it, or call and see. From my research, the -1 bolts in without modification to both the MB and the LX rear, but the -2 bolts in without modification to the LX rear only.

See here:
Unitrax said:
High Horsepower M215 Quaife for Dodge Hemi & Mercedes

Quaife UK is pleased to announce the release of its update “heavy-duty” high-horsepower M215 Quaife differential for many popular Dodge Hemi and Mercedes applications. The redesigned QDF9V-2 features larger internal gears for more overall strength and increased power holding capacity. The QDF9V-2 is designed to replace the OEM open differential in the Chrysler 300C, Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger, and Dodge Magnum applications equipped with the “215” (M215) rear axle, however, the new larger case prevents OEM fitment in crossover Mercedes applications. Modifications to the differential carrier are necessary to fit the QDF9V-2 in Mercedes applications, though if desired, Mercedes customers are still able to purchase the original QDF9V-1 for OEM fitment.

The -1 is still a good unit, but knowing the -2 is better, and cost the same, may as well get a LX specific higher capacity unit.
 
Last edited:
Hp kicks some butt too...:)

I would look at your invoice from where you go it, or call and see. From my research, the -1 bolts in without modification to both the MB and the LX rear, but the -2 bolts in without modification to the LX rear only.

See here:

The -1 is still a good unit, but knowing the -2 is better, and cost the same, may as well get a LX specific higher capacity unit.

...yeah, slowly increasing the HP...at 420RWHP for now but expect be around 475 by fall and still NA and no bottle...:miner:.......not sure where I will end up but a 440 alum stroker keeps calling my name...:shifty:

I bought the Quaife used with new 3.55 gears and bearings....thanks for the info...I will check it out next time it is on the lift........
 
Bro my car make 810rwhp before I spray the 250 shot on it. I ran this rear for almost 3 years with no issues. Theres no way your car at 500rwhp will ever have an issue with the quaife i have.
If the factory pinion didn't let go it would still be in the car, I put a wavetrac in while this uint was sent back to quaife in europe to rebuild. I did not like the wavetrac and took it out sold the whole rear set up and put Bills 8.8 in.

$850 is a sweet deal for this unit shiped
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top