"Tribute to Joe Pisano”

cmw

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
287
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.cmwmotorsports.com
This past weekend we had a great success with the debut of the Joe Pisano's Tribute car with Cruz Pedregon at the wheel. Cruz decided to have a tribute car built for the late Joe Pisano.

Having spent the past twenty days building Cruz Pedregon’s “Tribute to Joe Pisano” ‘77 Plymouth Arrow for the 18th California Hot Rod Reunion from a bare chassis and boxes of parts, the crew at Donnie Couch’s West Coast Funny Car Factory celebrated the finished project over the weekend.

We qualified for the 8 car show with a 5.96 et over 247 mph. I think Joe Pisano would of been proud. This was a group effort for even making it to bakersfield this past weekend. Headed by the talented crew chief of Donnie Couch. He's been a real inspiration to me. I've known Donnie for many years and it was just a honor for me to be part of this great tribute to the late Joe Pisano. My dad (Bob Cousimano) and Joe did alot of work together for many years.
I spent many years of my young life at Joe's place (Venolia Pistons).
So when I was asked to be part of this, I couldn't resist. What a great honor to be apart of history. Everybody involved worked there tail off to make it to bakersfield and not only did we make it, we qualified! Hat's off to Cruz Pedregon for making this happend.

I will post some pictures later

Scott Cousimano
 
hehe Thanks for the pics and vids you sent me over the weekend, Scotty. That Tribute car is badass.

A job well done by all. Congrats.
 
Congrats Scott!! How cool!
 
Here's a pic
cruz.jpg
 
Way cool Scott. Whatever happened to Matsubara?

It's running. There's 2 tribute cars dedicaded to Joe Pisano. One is owned by Danny Pisano (Pisano & Matsubara) Nephew of Joe and Cruz Pedregon. Both cars ran exceptionally well. Also at the Hot Rod Reunion We fired both cars at the crackle fest at the Double Tree Hotel on Friday Night.


Scott
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top