SOLD
Gone like my last paycheck gone gone away
Gone like the car I wrecked gone gone away
Gone like a fifth of gin gone gone away
Gone like the shape I'm in gone gone away
My baby's gone away
SOLD
DashDAQ Series II (was $699 new and newer model is on sale for $550 now)
Comes with the following licences:
Chrysler Specific license ($95)
GM Specific license ($95)
Ford/Mazda license ($95)
Price: $400
Special price for "long term" SRT/C members ONLY (sign-on date at least 6 months ago and more than 100 posts): $350
PM me.
(or I think [email protected] should work to satisify forum rules).
I'm selling this unit to upgrade to the DashDAQ XL. Differences are
DashDAQ XL has a slightly larger screen (same resolution?), all black case, more internal memory, and indents on the back at the cable connections to make them easier to insert while reaching behind it blind.
Primary motivation? All black case, lol.
Secondary motivation? more internal memory although I don't have a need for it now. If you have a bunch of display themes, and voice (recorded) warnings, AND the media player then it won't fit. I don't have any use for the media player so I don't have a problem. I could probably load it if I didn't have 5 or 6 full gauge themes loaded (which I also never use).
Tertiary (that work for third?) motivation? the indents on the back although I'm pretty good at easily hitting the connector.
www.dashdaq.com
to see everything it does if you're not familiar with it. Display options are literally limitless (they have a theme/screen/gauge editor and you can roll your own right down to the bitmaps, fonts, splash screens, backgrounds, etc.
http://www.dashdaq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34
for the screen editor and various custom layouts users have done.
Questions? ask and I'll answer them as they come up. You can download the manual from their site. DashDAQ series II and DashDAQ XL run the same image so the functionality is identical.
I'll be selling this with whatevery comes with the new one in the box. Should be the OBD2 cable, windshield suction cup mount, and a USB cable (I have a different mount and I'm not tearing apart the front of my car to extract the old cable -- will use it with the new unit). If you have analog inputs you want to run into it you'll have to buy the analog accessory cable from DrewTech ($30).
For the OBD part, the basic unit comes with all the generic OBD2 signals and then just a few of each of the specific ones. Each one of the specific licenses costs $95 additional. For example the Chrysler specific license gets you about 250 signals on my car (you don't use the OBD2 generic at all with the Chrysler specific). You can save the detected signals. I'll see if I can post the list at bottom of this. Keep in mind that a detected signal means that the DD polled for it and the PCM (or another module) responded. Some aren't going to work for some cars. For example, I'm not going to get anything having to do with MDS on my car. Most everything you might be interested in is there (including transmission fluid temperature in the latest software version). Signal/pid names should be the same ones Chrysler uses.
You can play back logs on the device or save in CVS or LogWorks3 for the PC. Logging is a matter of hitting the start log button on the screen and whatevery gauges/signals you have on the screen get logged. You can also configure (up to 10?) additional signals that get logged no matter what screen you're looking at. So hit the button and all the "global" signals that you configured and whats on the screen gets logged.
It's a touch screen by the way. to config a gauge you simply tap on it.
It will take an SD card (actually SDHC so you can log for days). Start/stop log creates a log file. Start/stop again creates another, etc.
Check out the ebay listings. Looks like there's one for $535. and I assume that would be without the license(s) so OBD2 generic only. Looks like there's one with a GM license for $7xx. I suppose most people would only need one of the licenses (probably Chrysler?) but if you have one of the other cars too... maybe my price is too high. let me know.
Gone like my last paycheck gone gone away
Gone like the car I wrecked gone gone away
Gone like a fifth of gin gone gone away
Gone like the shape I'm in gone gone away
My baby's gone away
SOLD
DashDAQ Series II (was $699 new and newer model is on sale for $550 now)
Comes with the following licences:
Chrysler Specific license ($95)
GM Specific license ($95)
Ford/Mazda license ($95)
Price: $400
Special price for "long term" SRT/C members ONLY (sign-on date at least 6 months ago and more than 100 posts): $350
PM me.
(or I think [email protected] should work to satisify forum rules).
I'm selling this unit to upgrade to the DashDAQ XL. Differences are
DashDAQ XL has a slightly larger screen (same resolution?), all black case, more internal memory, and indents on the back at the cable connections to make them easier to insert while reaching behind it blind.
Primary motivation? All black case, lol.
Secondary motivation? more internal memory although I don't have a need for it now. If you have a bunch of display themes, and voice (recorded) warnings, AND the media player then it won't fit. I don't have any use for the media player so I don't have a problem. I could probably load it if I didn't have 5 or 6 full gauge themes loaded (which I also never use).
Tertiary (that work for third?) motivation? the indents on the back although I'm pretty good at easily hitting the connector.
www.dashdaq.com
to see everything it does if you're not familiar with it. Display options are literally limitless (they have a theme/screen/gauge editor and you can roll your own right down to the bitmaps, fonts, splash screens, backgrounds, etc.
http://www.dashdaq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34
for the screen editor and various custom layouts users have done.
Questions? ask and I'll answer them as they come up. You can download the manual from their site. DashDAQ series II and DashDAQ XL run the same image so the functionality is identical.
I'll be selling this with whatevery comes with the new one in the box. Should be the OBD2 cable, windshield suction cup mount, and a USB cable (I have a different mount and I'm not tearing apart the front of my car to extract the old cable -- will use it with the new unit). If you have analog inputs you want to run into it you'll have to buy the analog accessory cable from DrewTech ($30).
For the OBD part, the basic unit comes with all the generic OBD2 signals and then just a few of each of the specific ones. Each one of the specific licenses costs $95 additional. For example the Chrysler specific license gets you about 250 signals on my car (you don't use the OBD2 generic at all with the Chrysler specific). You can save the detected signals. I'll see if I can post the list at bottom of this. Keep in mind that a detected signal means that the DD polled for it and the PCM (or another module) responded. Some aren't going to work for some cars. For example, I'm not going to get anything having to do with MDS on my car. Most everything you might be interested in is there (including transmission fluid temperature in the latest software version). Signal/pid names should be the same ones Chrysler uses.
You can play back logs on the device or save in CVS or LogWorks3 for the PC. Logging is a matter of hitting the start log button on the screen and whatevery gauges/signals you have on the screen get logged. You can also configure (up to 10?) additional signals that get logged no matter what screen you're looking at. So hit the button and all the "global" signals that you configured and whats on the screen gets logged.
It's a touch screen by the way. to config a gauge you simply tap on it.
It will take an SD card (actually SDHC so you can log for days). Start/stop log creates a log file. Start/stop again creates another, etc.
Check out the ebay listings. Looks like there's one for $535. and I assume that would be without the license(s) so OBD2 generic only. Looks like there's one with a GM license for $7xx. I suppose most people would only need one of the licenses (probably Chrysler?) but if you have one of the other cars too... maybe my price is too high. let me know.