- Joined
- Nov 7, 2007
- Messages
- 179
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
In the occasions to start new tech threads on this site I usually have a "common thread " when I do.
Today as I was rolling thru Dealer Connect ( it's a secret how I get on there :tooth
I went to the 2008 Viper Service tech and parts side,
and from preliminary research I'm finding that the 2008 Viper rear axle is also a 226 size (the same as the rear on the SRT8 Grand Cherokee).
Actually the 2006 is also the same size but has a "older generation" Limited Slip.
The 2008 is called a 'Visco Lok" and I think I'll be giving my good friends down at Mopar Supercenter a call Monday to order one to inspect.
If this is a drop in swap this would be a very economical limited slip swap.
If anyone has a Viper rear laying around let me know.
I'll let you know how this will shake out.
Jeff
Today as I was rolling thru Dealer Connect ( it's a secret how I get on there :tooth
I went to the 2008 Viper Service tech and parts side,
and from preliminary research I'm finding that the 2008 Viper rear axle is also a 226 size (the same as the rear on the SRT8 Grand Cherokee).
Actually the 2006 is also the same size but has a "older generation" Limited Slip.
The 2008 is called a 'Visco Lok" and I think I'll be giving my good friends down at Mopar Supercenter a call Monday to order one to inspect.
If this is a drop in swap this would be a very economical limited slip swap.
If anyone has a Viper rear laying around let me know.
I'll let you know how this will shake out.
Jeff