- Joined
- May 4, 2008
- Messages
- 364
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
- Age
- 50
- Location
- Melbourne Australia
- Website
- www.freightmanagement.com.au
As the title says I GOT TO RACE MY CAR WOO HOO!
Still pumped as anything and cannot wait to go again. Conditions were great, not very busy and car performed perfect (until the last run more on this shortly).
Since having the car built to its current spec I have simply not been fortunate enough to race the car until now and boy can I tell you the wait was worth it. I am still smiling.
Even though I wasn't expecting too much yet I was very happy with what I did achieve yesterday.
Whilst I am still smiling and excited still the day was not without incident. I was only able to get 5 passes made before I lined up for the 6th and I was done for the day.
The runs first....
Run 1 14.614 @ 101.96mph
Very nervous/excited and just a very easy run to get 1 on the board. The nervousness almost halved by the end of the track and I went straight around to make pass number 2
Run 2 12.66 @ 113.93mph
Still very easy off the line and most of the way giving it just a bit after the 1/2 way mark. Probably saw almost half throttle at most....chicken
Run 3 12.039 @ 124.04mph
Still very easy off the line and to 1/2 track but put the foot into it a little more before crossing the line. Was feeling a little more confident and happy to push a bit harder next run
Run 4 11.626 @ 130.66mph
Still not pushing off hard at the start and really staying off the power till about half track but pushing harder again this one thereafter. Car feeling great and very stable.
Run 5 11.368 @ 131.01mph
Decided to push a little harder a little earlier this time, still no where near full throttle at any point, maybe half to 3/4 at most. Car really felt quicker on this run and my mate in the stand said he heard the foot get into it as well. Sounded great, felt great, decided to pit the car for half hour to cool down and just check over everything.
Time slips for the 5 runs above
Confidence is now right up there and I am wanting to get serious. Time for play is over.
I drop the pressures a little more and proceed to line up. I do my burnout and stage. Have stalled it up for the first time, lights go green, I drop it and feel the car bite in unlike I have felt anything bite in before. I think here we go this will be awesome....then BANG! WTF!
Car not moving and just revving. What the hell have I done. I select reverse nothing then realise maybe I have done a half shaft. I thought no way, these are DSS 1000hp stage 5 units, these don't break. Anyway pushed the car off the track, our tow truck came over and dragged me up and this is what I saw...
Damn.... But you know what I was not angry or pissed off what so ever, I GOT TO RACE MY CAR......
Overall though I was extremely happy with what I managed to achieve so far and I am excited to see how well it goes with future outings. Car has a HELL OF A LOT left in it and cannot wait to use all of its potential. Definitely over the moon and hopefully I can get it sorted before next weekend as its on again. Stay tuned
.
Still pumped as anything and cannot wait to go again. Conditions were great, not very busy and car performed perfect (until the last run more on this shortly).
Since having the car built to its current spec I have simply not been fortunate enough to race the car until now and boy can I tell you the wait was worth it. I am still smiling.
Even though I wasn't expecting too much yet I was very happy with what I did achieve yesterday.
Whilst I am still smiling and excited still the day was not without incident. I was only able to get 5 passes made before I lined up for the 6th and I was done for the day.
The runs first....
Run 1 14.614 @ 101.96mph
Very nervous/excited and just a very easy run to get 1 on the board. The nervousness almost halved by the end of the track and I went straight around to make pass number 2
Run 2 12.66 @ 113.93mph
Still very easy off the line and most of the way giving it just a bit after the 1/2 way mark. Probably saw almost half throttle at most....chicken
Run 3 12.039 @ 124.04mph
Still very easy off the line and to 1/2 track but put the foot into it a little more before crossing the line. Was feeling a little more confident and happy to push a bit harder next run
Run 4 11.626 @ 130.66mph
Still not pushing off hard at the start and really staying off the power till about half track but pushing harder again this one thereafter. Car feeling great and very stable.
Run 5 11.368 @ 131.01mph
Decided to push a little harder a little earlier this time, still no where near full throttle at any point, maybe half to 3/4 at most. Car really felt quicker on this run and my mate in the stand said he heard the foot get into it as well. Sounded great, felt great, decided to pit the car for half hour to cool down and just check over everything.
Time slips for the 5 runs above
Confidence is now right up there and I am wanting to get serious. Time for play is over.
I drop the pressures a little more and proceed to line up. I do my burnout and stage. Have stalled it up for the first time, lights go green, I drop it and feel the car bite in unlike I have felt anything bite in before. I think here we go this will be awesome....then BANG! WTF!
Car not moving and just revving. What the hell have I done. I select reverse nothing then realise maybe I have done a half shaft. I thought no way, these are DSS 1000hp stage 5 units, these don't break. Anyway pushed the car off the track, our tow truck came over and dragged me up and this is what I saw...
Damn.... But you know what I was not angry or pissed off what so ever, I GOT TO RACE MY CAR......
Overall though I was extremely happy with what I managed to achieve so far and I am excited to see how well it goes with future outings. Car has a HELL OF A LOT left in it and cannot wait to use all of its potential. Definitely over the moon and hopefully I can get it sorted before next weekend as its on again. Stay tuned