FOUND! -8 AN fitting seals!

leaking again??? i will stop by my local speed shop tomm after work chase!
 
I ordered them from summit, but will cancel the order if they have them chris. Thanks for looking out for me. You have my addy to ship to via the other reply. Thanks pimpin.
 
Lol.....NO. A small fuel leak from my new rail set on the Charger, snook up on me. Car is drivable, just have a SUPER SMALL, SLOW leak I need to knock out.
 
...aren't these kind of like *repair* things? Something you'd use at the track maybe if you tweaked a fitting while wrenching on something. Wouldn't you really want to replace the fittings if they're damaged/warped/defective/whatever? It's not like you're going to be taking those things on and off every week or something like that. I wouldn't be going with patches.
 
Summit said:
These Earl's Performance conical seals are designed for immediate and permanent field repairs for damaged 37 degree flare hose ends. They are made of aluminum and install by simply pushing the conical seat on and assembling the hose end in a normal manner.
I agree with what you're saying though, but look at it like this, it's a safe and more expensive alternative to Teflon tape, or PST...all three work, and are permanent unless tampered with.
 
I agree with what you're saying though, but look at it like this, it's a safe and more expensive alternative to Teflon tape, or PST...all three work, and are permanent unless tampered with.

But they're still a fix... Those fittings weren't designed for those. It's not like they would have made the fittings with them built in/built up but it would have cost too much. They might work just fine but it seems kind of like using a helicoil to me.
 
Not really, when you helicoil, you've actually added strength with the repair...

-AN and JIC fittings are not ultra precision, and mixings brands is kinda a hit or miss thing...Stick with a high quality manufacturer and you will have less leaks/issues, but you will still have them. Things like this just work within the system, and are one of many ways to alleviate unavoidable problems when they occur...Or you can buy extra of the same fittings and try again until you run out of money, or fix the issue, these little guys help resolve that.
 
Not really, when you helicoil, you've actually added strength with the repair...

right, helicoils are stainless and likely to be stronger than the base metal you're installing it in -- assuming you install them correctly.

Install them incorrectly (not that hard to do) and you will have problems. Now or down the road a ways.

Then the torque specification for that bolt/part kind of goes out the window too since you've changed the properties of the threads and how they mate and stretch.

etc.

so maybe it isn't "better". helicoil is a bit different in that the replacement part in question is usually something like a head or block or oil pan so there is a huge cost and convenience factor.

-AN and JIC fittings are not ultra precision, and mixings brands is kinda a hit or miss thing...Stick with a high quality manufacturer and you will have less leaks/issues, but you will still have them. Things like this just work within the system, and are one of many ways to alleviate unavoidable problems when they occur...

Exactly. Mixing brands, still potentially have problems, etc. Why introduce even more adding something to a system that wasn't designed in unless you really have to?

Or you can buy extra of the same fittings and try again until you run out of money, or fix the issue, these little guys help resolve that.

-8 AN fitting is about ~$20? and these are about ~$15? (and I expect Chase is getting a bulk discount by now :))
 
I've spent over $150 in fittings ALONE trying to fix this fuggin problem. That's above & beyond the original cost of the fuel rail setup. I've been down every road possible trying remedy this crappy situation, learning alot along the way. These conical seal "washers" basically compress between the two fittings, correcting any surfaces that don't line up and seal. Kinda like an o-ring on an injector. I'm heading to pick my car up now, with new gauges, new Mopar motor mounts, and APPARENTLY a leak-free fuel system.

I'll report back shortly.....
 
Last edited:
so maybe it isn't "better". helicoil is a bit different in that the replacement part in question is usually something like a head or block or oil pan so there is a huge cost and convenience factor.
Agreed...My experience with them are in aluminum, so yes, it is a more stable thread connection than a tapped aluminum hole.


how the hell did we get on helicoils?
 
Are you still looking for these, Chase?
 
I'm good Chad. Thanks bro! Car is 100% fixed. Even after the ride home, all fittings and connections are BONE DRY. I couldn't be happier right now. I FINALLY have my baby back to 100%!!!!! :rockon:

I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing me bitch and moan, so I'll stop bringing up shitty threads like this. Just waiting on my new chin spoiler to be RE-painted, and waiting on a small change from BT for the engine bay. Once I receive all that, I'll post up a small "reveal" thread. I've made A TON of small changes in the past three months that I haven't posted pics of.

Now I just gotta have fun playing with my nuts.....I mean new gauges. ;)
 
I'm good Chad. Thanks bro! Car is 100% fixed. Even after the ride home, all fittings and connections are BONE DRY. I couldn't be happier right now. I FINALLY have my baby back to 100%!!!!! :rockon:

I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing me bitch and moan, so I'll stop bringing up shitty threads like this. Just waiting on my new chin spoiler to be RE-painted, and waiting on a small change from BT for the engine bay. Once I receive all that, I'll post up a small "reveal" thread. I've made A TON of small changes in the past three months that I haven't posted pics of.

Now I just gotta have fun playing with my nuts.....I mean new gauges. ;)

Cool. I will leave it open but I changed the title.
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top