Yes, it’s one my top five of cars ever. However, it doesn’t make sense for my family at this point. The R/T does everything the SRT does and we’ve decided to keep that one. It is with a heavy heart I offer this incredible and incredibly rare machine up for sale. My fellow forum members get gets first crack at it. Without the forums and their support and great members, I wouldn’t have a Hemi wagon, let alone two.
Details:
2006 Brilliant Black Dodge Magnum SRT-8. 90500 miles. Will go up slightly as I use it for errands here and there.
Clean title in hand. No liens or loans.
6.1L Hemi V8. 425 HP. 0-60 mph in 5 seconds.
All options for 2006: SRT Group I, Group II and Group III + Moonroof and side airbags. No VES (only available in 2007+ models). I checked out 30+ VINs to find an SRT WITH side airbags. It’s a rare option, even for SRTs.
Mobil 1 0W40 oil changes. Only did one change so far did I barely drive it. 3000 miles since last change.
The car will be offered bone stock except for mods that won’t be changed (blacked out chrome trim, black exhaust tips). All other mods on it and some on the R/T will be up for sale soon. One exception to this will be the blacked out tail lights which came with the car.
I will include 16 brand new in box NGK spark plugs as well.
Tires are Toyo S/Ts with good thread left on all corners except the front left which has maybe 5k left in it. I think it was a spare originally but it’s working fine.
Never raced it. Never beat on it. Although on SRTs, beating it to hell every day is encouraged by Team SRT. It can take it and will ask for more. Tough as nails, yet reliable as a Camry/Accord. It makes no sense to be this good, but it is.
The good:
Clean title. I’m the third owner. Runs 100% and is very strong. No engine/transmission issues whatsoever. Brakes are good as well. The original owner was in FL (female) and the second owner was in upstate NY and he only owned the car for five months before I got it. The car has no rust anywhere and runs like a complete beast.
The paint is great especially for the miles. I’ve taken many pictures of the car and it doesn’t show as having 90k on the clock. The fascia has only minor chips as it was re-painted in 2007 and spent most of its life on flat Florida highways. The rest of the body has only very minor chips/scratches and it cleans up very well. The seats are in great condition. No cracks or tears in any seating area (small issue in back seat – read below). All floor mats are includes and are in good condition. I have only washed the car weekly by hand (no machines ever) and it has been treated with clay bay and wax within the last six months as well. A clean, Brilliant Black LX is fantastically good looking – especially the savage MSRT.
All electronics work 100% as well (Evic, seat warmers, moonroof, seats, cd). The rims are in decent condition. No major rash but there is some after 90k miles and a scratch here and there. Overall they look nice.
From 15 feet, you cannot tell it it’s not new. It looks amazing from all angles.
The bad:
The car was in a minor accident in 2007 in FL as per the Autocheck report. The report also shows “frame damage” which supposedly is for the jack points on either side of the car. I don’t see that damage and there is no other damage anywhere on the frame. The repair of the damage is not 100% - the front fascia is slightly misaligned on the front right corner. Minor thing but full disclosure is what we’re doing. The front right head light is a little loose as well. Nothing another screw can’t fix.The steering wheel is maybe 2 degrees off center – probably because of the accident as well. The tire pressure monitor gives the error “chime” once in a while. The sensors work, but the part readings the TPMSs must be out of whack. I believe fnkychkn said it’s because the sensor itself is located in the front right corner of the bumper area and an accident like this one could cause the sensor to break.
There is a small tear in the rear bench seat in the right shoulder area near the seat belt. Hard to say how that happened – it was there when I bought it. Looks like someone punched through it with a sharp object. It’s not big, but it’s there. The navi works 100% but the joystick is broken as commonly happened on these units. I have the replacement joystick which I’ll include of course. It’s an easy fix (see thread by mr. Incredible) but I never got around to it. The original owner was a smoker and while it doesn’t bother me (I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke ), it did bother my wife a little. The rear left 6x9 kicker speaker in the cargo area needs replacing. $45 brand new. Maybe will get a working used one in there before the sale happens. The window trim underneath the doors have fading from the sun. On a show car, they would need replacing. The front fascia has some scratches on the lower front side. Invisible from the front but you can see them if you kneel down next to the car. The Kicker sub was missing from the car when I got it. The driver's side door handle has some DIY paint repair.
I have owned the car for a year and never an issue. No CELs, no drama. Just fire it up and smile from ear to ear. Getting into this car is like someone handing you the keys to a car you cannot afford and are privileged to drive – like an exotic. Driving it makes me feel like I’m driving something truly unique. Less than 4000 ever built. To quote someone on another forum:
I couldn’t agree more. This is a perfect description IMO.
I will miss it but life goes on. Down the road maybe I’ll get another special car but for right now, I need to let it go – hopefully to another Mopar/Hemi nutcase like myself.
Some various pics showing the car are below – loads more in threads around the forum. I prefer a local sale but will assist with shipping at buyer’s expense.
$15,000 OBO. Priced more than $1000-1500 below book for "good condition", taking everything into account. No lowballers, please. I will send you the Autocheck report as well, if interested.
If interested, you can contact me via PM or email at [email protected] or call me at 862-215-4668. If you need pics of anything specific please don't hesitate to ask.
It took me ages to find this car. Hopefully it'll go to a good home.
Details:
2006 Brilliant Black Dodge Magnum SRT-8. 90500 miles. Will go up slightly as I use it for errands here and there.
Clean title in hand. No liens or loans.
6.1L Hemi V8. 425 HP. 0-60 mph in 5 seconds.
All options for 2006: SRT Group I, Group II and Group III + Moonroof and side airbags. No VES (only available in 2007+ models). I checked out 30+ VINs to find an SRT WITH side airbags. It’s a rare option, even for SRTs.
Mobil 1 0W40 oil changes. Only did one change so far did I barely drive it. 3000 miles since last change.
The car will be offered bone stock except for mods that won’t be changed (blacked out chrome trim, black exhaust tips). All other mods on it and some on the R/T will be up for sale soon. One exception to this will be the blacked out tail lights which came with the car.
I will include 16 brand new in box NGK spark plugs as well.
Tires are Toyo S/Ts with good thread left on all corners except the front left which has maybe 5k left in it. I think it was a spare originally but it’s working fine.
Never raced it. Never beat on it. Although on SRTs, beating it to hell every day is encouraged by Team SRT. It can take it and will ask for more. Tough as nails, yet reliable as a Camry/Accord. It makes no sense to be this good, but it is.
The good:
Clean title. I’m the third owner. Runs 100% and is very strong. No engine/transmission issues whatsoever. Brakes are good as well. The original owner was in FL (female) and the second owner was in upstate NY and he only owned the car for five months before I got it. The car has no rust anywhere and runs like a complete beast.
The paint is great especially for the miles. I’ve taken many pictures of the car and it doesn’t show as having 90k on the clock. The fascia has only minor chips as it was re-painted in 2007 and spent most of its life on flat Florida highways. The rest of the body has only very minor chips/scratches and it cleans up very well. The seats are in great condition. No cracks or tears in any seating area (small issue in back seat – read below). All floor mats are includes and are in good condition. I have only washed the car weekly by hand (no machines ever) and it has been treated with clay bay and wax within the last six months as well. A clean, Brilliant Black LX is fantastically good looking – especially the savage MSRT.
All electronics work 100% as well (Evic, seat warmers, moonroof, seats, cd). The rims are in decent condition. No major rash but there is some after 90k miles and a scratch here and there. Overall they look nice.
From 15 feet, you cannot tell it it’s not new. It looks amazing from all angles.
The bad:
The car was in a minor accident in 2007 in FL as per the Autocheck report. The report also shows “frame damage” which supposedly is for the jack points on either side of the car. I don’t see that damage and there is no other damage anywhere on the frame. The repair of the damage is not 100% - the front fascia is slightly misaligned on the front right corner. Minor thing but full disclosure is what we’re doing. The front right head light is a little loose as well. Nothing another screw can’t fix.The steering wheel is maybe 2 degrees off center – probably because of the accident as well. The tire pressure monitor gives the error “chime” once in a while. The sensors work, but the part readings the TPMSs must be out of whack. I believe fnkychkn said it’s because the sensor itself is located in the front right corner of the bumper area and an accident like this one could cause the sensor to break.
There is a small tear in the rear bench seat in the right shoulder area near the seat belt. Hard to say how that happened – it was there when I bought it. Looks like someone punched through it with a sharp object. It’s not big, but it’s there. The navi works 100% but the joystick is broken as commonly happened on these units. I have the replacement joystick which I’ll include of course. It’s an easy fix (see thread by mr. Incredible) but I never got around to it. The original owner was a smoker and while it doesn’t bother me (I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke ), it did bother my wife a little. The rear left 6x9 kicker speaker in the cargo area needs replacing. $45 brand new. Maybe will get a working used one in there before the sale happens. The window trim underneath the doors have fading from the sun. On a show car, they would need replacing. The front fascia has some scratches on the lower front side. Invisible from the front but you can see them if you kneel down next to the car. The Kicker sub was missing from the car when I got it. The driver's side door handle has some DIY paint repair.
I have owned the car for a year and never an issue. No CELs, no drama. Just fire it up and smile from ear to ear. Getting into this car is like someone handing you the keys to a car you cannot afford and are privileged to drive – like an exotic. Driving it makes me feel like I’m driving something truly unique. Less than 4000 ever built. To quote someone on another forum:
I remember when I first laid eyes on a Magnum. I hadn't heard about it, I hadn't read about it, I had no warning at all until I saw one going down the street one day. It was definitely a WTF?! moment. Magnums remained little more than a curiosity to me for a year or so until the SRT8 came out. Then I had another WTF?! moment. I have a fondness for unique cars and you've got to admit that the MSRT is one of the screwiest cars ever made. A station wagon that handles like a sports car, runs like a 426 Roadrunner, stops like a Ferrari and looks like it was designed by Darth Vader. I could think of a dozen reasons why such a crazy thing should never be built and I just had to have me one.
I couldn’t agree more. This is a perfect description IMO.
I will miss it but life goes on. Down the road maybe I’ll get another special car but for right now, I need to let it go – hopefully to another Mopar/Hemi nutcase like myself.
Some various pics showing the car are below – loads more in threads around the forum. I prefer a local sale but will assist with shipping at buyer’s expense.
$15,000 OBO. Priced more than $1000-1500 below book for "good condition", taking everything into account. No lowballers, please. I will send you the Autocheck report as well, if interested.
If interested, you can contact me via PM or email at [email protected] or call me at 862-215-4668. If you need pics of anything specific please don't hesitate to ask.
It took me ages to find this car. Hopefully it'll go to a good home.
Last edited: