F/S Supercharged 1992 Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvv90

She's a Ho...For show....
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
269
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
North Aurora IL
FS Supercharged 1992 Corvette

It's time to let her go.

Polo green but with black interior (Very rare, most are saddle brown.)
Gray ZR1 wheels, LT1 supercharged and intercooled with a Procharger at 8psi.

Since this car is supercharged it does Not have an Automatic with a weak Dana36 that would break otherwise.
This is a strong 6 Speed car with Dana44 rear end.

The paint is better than most 3 year old cars and shines like you wouldn't believe.
I polish and wax it twice a year. Interior is in great shape with no tears or wear marks.

Only 58k miles total on car. I've had it for the past 10 years and kept it in the garage and only
brought it out on sunny days, never in the Winter.

Approximately 6k miles on the supercharger install with all the bells and whisltes to make it safe and reliable. This is not just some Procharger kit. It's a custom install with a dedicated 8 rib pulley system with 60% belt wrap to ensure absolutely no belt slip at any RPM or boost level desired. The accessories run off of the separate stock 6 rib belt. That way the there's no straing on the accessories by the compressor unit. It has a complete fuel system upgrade with bigger fuel injectors, a Walbro 255LPH 550HP fuel pump, Aeromotive adjustable Fuel pressure regulator, and a custom PCM tune. The ignition system is also fully upgraded with and MSD BTM 6AL with timing controller, MSD Blaster coil, new MSD wires and colder 104 plugs. It has a plethora of monitoring components like Zeitronix Wideband oxygen sensor with onboard LCD display with full laptop logging capability, Exhaust Gas Temperature gauge and boost/vacuum gauge. Fuel and timing can be adjusted on demand for optimal tuning and safety.

During the supercharger installation I preempted the optispark and waterpump failure by replacing both of those components.
non-vented Optisparks are the only thing that has plagued '92's so I vented the optispark to the way the '94-96's are to ensure it works properly for a long long time.

I've pulled the plugs and have done a compression leak down test on a regular occassion to ensure proper functionality and the engine is rock solid. The transmission fluid was replaced last year. The transmission is the black tag (earlier) ZF6 speed and is very very strong. The brake fluid and clutch fluid was changed last year. The coolant is brand new and has been flushed this year.

Over $9,000 invested to ensure longevity and reliability.

The tires only have 5k miles on them and I've never done a "smoke show" or burn out in them.

The only thing you might want to replace is the weather stripping. This is common on Vette's of this age but not necessary at this time. I get no water pentration in the cabin. I never replaced the weather stripping because it would have only been for asthetics, not funtionality.

I'm asking $11,000 and the only reason I'm selling is to move up to a supercharged C5.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I'll get some pictures of the interior and engine compartment tomorrow.

IMG_0671.jpg


IMG_0672.jpg


IMG_0673.jpg


IMG_0674.jpg


IMG_0675.jpg


IMG_0676.jpg


IMG_0677.jpg
 
Last edited:
It's pretty. Too bad I still have two kids at home. Maybe in another 12 years or so...
 
Your price is way off! I'd say it should be more than that, people seem to love older vettes. Good luck with the sale.
 
You're selling another toy? Did you get a girlfriend or something? Admit it, you're just tired of being the youngest guy at the Vette meet and greets.

Good luck on the sale, its a great looking car and I'm sure it runs great.
 
Free bump for a great guy and a sweet car.


Good luck Matt.
 
You're selling another toy? Did you get a girlfriend or something? Admit it, you're just tired of being the youngest guy at the Vette meet and greets.

Good luck on the sale, its a great looking car and I'm sure it runs great.


I'm getting a new one that's faster soon. :)

And sadly, I'm not even close to being the youngest guy at Vette meets anymore. :(
 
Your price is way off! I'd say it should be more than that, people seem to love older vettes. Good luck with the sale.


Sadly, even though I think I should have priced it at a firm $12k, that's about all it will fetch.

My loss, someone else's gain.

The only reason I'm selling is because the C5 Corvette market is bad too, and I'll make it back on a future purchase.
 
You - of all people - edited out your license plate #?

WTF?

By the way. I've seen this Vette, raced this Vette, and made a repair on this Vette (darned coolant hose).

Vette's awesome.

Owner can't drive.

Ahhhhh ahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!

:bye:
 
You - of all people - edited out your license plate #?

WTF?

By the way. I've seen this Vette, raced this Vette, and made a repair on this Vette (darned coolant hose).

Vette's awesome.

Owner can't drive.

Ahhhhh ahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!

:bye:


Hahaha....Thanks Matt. Yeah, I guess it was kinda pointless to block out the plate.

Here's so there's no mistaking who's car it is:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 27
Very sweet ride Matt. Man, if the timing were better I'd buy her in a heartbeat. Good luck man.


After the Chally, this will be my next project. And all those bad ass parts you have would bolt riiiiiiiiight in.

http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html
 
Last edited:
Oh man Cam, that is currently one of my (actually attainable) dream cars!

I can't wait to hear more about it!
 
You - of all people - edited out your license plate #?

WTF?

By the way. I've seen this Vette, raced this Vette, and made a repair on this Vette (darned coolant hose).

Vette's awesome.

Owner can't drive.

Ahhhhh ahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!

:bye:
LMAO yea, that's like me blocking out my license plate. haha


And I love how Matt acknowledges everyone BUT me. lol No love! :(
 
Sweet ride. I'd buy it too for that price...must be fun. What does it run in the quarter?
 
o my.. such a nice vette for that price.. its a shame that im saving up to move back to MI or i would jump on that car FAST.

if i didn't have a kid, id be sellin my skittle for that sucker.
 
Very sweet ride Matt. Man, if the timing were better I'd buy her in a heartbeat. Good luck man.


After the Chally, this will be my next project. And all those bad ass parts you have would bolt riiiiiiiiight in.

http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html

Nice car and price for what you get.

BUT ..wow.. what you need.
You willl need to find a rear end wrecked 97-04 Vette for the complete front end components and engine.
AND a front end wrecked 90-98 PORSCHE 911 for the rear transaxle and a PORSCHE G50 tranny..
I am sure those parts are already in your backyard or garage.
Or hell just buy it all new, you only paid 20K for the car
 
Bump:

Here's some more pictures of the interior, engine, tread wear, and a crack in the weather stripping. No leakage from the crack though. puresly asthetic:

CrackinWeatherStripping.jpg


Dash1.jpg


DriverDoorPanel1.jpg


DriverInterior1.jpg


DriverInterior2.jpg


DriverSeat.jpg


Engine1.jpg


Engine2.jpg


Engine3.jpg


Engine4.jpg


FrontTireTread.jpg


RearTireTread.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top