Drag Radial and Rims?!?!?

NYCSRTATE

Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius
Full Access
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
2,590
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
City Thats Never Sleeps
Ok well I need them for the HHP frozen balls event next week, best prices, cheapest?

Any help here guys?
 
I was about to make the same thread LOL

17" wheels....

I wanna know best size and brand tire....and im assuming the lightest (and not too expensive) 17x10 wheel will do?
 
get the round ones. I heard that the squares ones hurts your 60' times
 
What size tires? Are you running 1/4 mile or 1/8th? You sure you guys want 17's?
 
get the round ones. I heard that the squares ones hurts your 60' times

well we know yoru the king of the high 60s' so LOL

What size tires? Are you running 1/4 mile or 1/8th? You sure you guys want 17's?

We want to know what size tires haha....and brand...although hoosier and MT's are gonna be the direction i go

and Englishtown and Atco are 1/4 mile tracks....

and why wouldnt we want 17's?
 
and Englishtown and Atco are 1/4 mile tracks....

and why wouldnt we want 17's?

Cause you don't want to be shifting into 4th a hundred feet short of the line?
 
When I was looking for DRs before my motor blew, I got this info from PowerWagon over on lxforums:

1st of all there is a bigger selection of DRs in 17".

17" DRs will also have a taller sidewall than 18" or larger applications. That will give more flex on the launch & better "hook up".

You need a maximum backspace of 6" & not all 17" wheels will clear the Brembos. Most will.

The 17" X 9" Mustang Cobra replicas from 402 Motoring wil work. They are the 5 X 4 1/2" pattern that , while not a full 115mm (114.7mm) it is close enough to work on a rear wheel application for drag racing.

I would suggest the 325/45 17 M&H Racemaster drag radial. It is 28" tall & will allow you to hit 120+ MPH W/O shifting out of 3rd gear in the 1/4 mile. W/a good 60' that should get you into the low 11s.


If you find a 17x10 option, PLEASE let me know. Thanks.
 
That would work. What's your shift point? 6400?

325/45/17 would get you

1st - 49.4 mph
2nd - 81.0 mph
3rd - 125.8 mph

If you're shifting at 6200

1st - 47.9 mph
2nd - 78.5 mph
3rd - 121.9 mph
 
After breaking a valve spring, I shift at 6200.
 
When I was looking for DRs before my motor blew, I got this info from PowerWagon over on lxforums:

1st of all there is a bigger selection of DRs in 17".

17" DRs will also have a taller sidewall than 18" or larger applications. That will give more flex on the launch & better "hook up".

You need a maximum backspace of 6" & not all 17" wheels will clear the Brembos. Most will.

The 17" X 9" Mustang Cobra replicas from 402 Motoring wil work. They are the 5 X 4 1/2" pattern that , while not a full 115mm (114.7mm) it is close enough to work on a rear wheel application for drag racing.

I would suggest the 325/45 17 M&H Racemaster drag radial. It is 28" tall & will allow you to hit 120+ MPH W/O shifting out of 3rd gear in the 1/4 mile. W/a good 60' that should get you into the low 11s.


If you find a 17x10 option, PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

I will see what I can find lol....

I know they have 17x10 cobras...ill talk to my mustang peeps to see if i can find any....or who makes em....

Im gonna start just posting links lol: These are 17x10.5 if that works lol

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/Automotive/Landing3092a639.html

http://www.wheelhq.com/mustang-chrome-1995-cobrar-17x105.html

same wheels as above for $150 each:

http://www.wheelhq.com/17x105-mustang-1995-cobrar-black.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/17x9-1995-cobra-r-style-wheel-chrome.html



That would work. What's your shift point? 6400?

325/45/17 would get you

1st - 49.4 mph
2nd - 81.0 mph
3rd - 125.8 mph

If you're shifting at 6200

1st - 47.9 mph
2nd - 78.5 mph
3rd - 121.9 mph

So,

if im trapping 120 now?

what do you think ill be trapping with my upgraded tranny, a smaller pully on my blower, the nitrous cooler on, finished tune, and a set of DR's on my car?

After breaking a valve spring, I shift at 6200.

I havent touched my shift points as of yet.
 
Go 17" rim....the more sidewall the better you will hook......SteveO with the Poweradder you want a 28" tall tire.
Tony for your car I would go with the 26" tall tire and use the extra gearing you will effectively get.You will still cross the traps in third.

Also that 325 tire is huge.....personally for myself I go with the least width I can hook up on......my personal prefference is a 275/50/17 M&H on a poweradder car,or one with gears.The MT in a 26 only comes in a 295 I believe so you're kinda stuck there and the Hoosier is insane at 275/40/17 but will give you an effective 3.43 rear gear ratio.
 
Go 17" rim....the more sidewall the better you will hook......SteveO with the Poweradder you want a 28" tall tire.
Tony for your car I would go with the 26" tall tire and use the extra gearing you will effectively get.You will still cross the traps in third.

Also that 325 tire is huge.....personally for myself I go with the least width I can hook up on......my personal prefference is a 275/50/17 M&H on a poweradder car,or one with gears.The MT in a 26 only comes in a 295 I believe so you're kinda stuck there and the Hoosier is insane at 275/40/17 but will give you an effective 3.43 rear gear ratio.

http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=70&rn=294&action=show_detail

talkin about these?....

from the looks of it...just searched MT, MH, and Hooiser...this is the only tire with sidewall height im lookin for...

hopefully ill be able to hook these up :)
 
Yep.....I ran those forever on the Magnum and I am getting those to replace the tires I have now.

sweet....i will go with these then...thanks buuuuuuuuddy
 
if im trapping 120 now?

what do you think ill be trapping with my upgraded tranny, a smaller pully on my blower, the nitrous cooler on, finished tune, and a set of DR's on my car?

I havent touched my shift points as of yet.

You'll be shifting into 4th about 100' before the line :bye:

my personal prefference is a 275/50/17 M&H

275/50/17 - shift point 6150

1st - 46.3 mph
2nd - 76.0 mph
3rd - 118.0 mph
4th - 166.4 mph

275/50/17 - shift point 6200

1st - 46.7 mph
2nd - 76.6 mph
3rd - 119.0 mph

275/50/17 - shift point 6450

1st - 48.6 mph
2nd - 79.7 mph
3rd - 123.8 mph
 
He's trapping 120 now because of tire spin.....That will probably drop a hair.With a 28" tire you will not shift before the line.

if i am shifting before the line ill take that as a good problem to have :) haha
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top