Corvette Z06's, Z51's, and Cadillac CTS-V's "for Sale"....interesting

Did you miss this Rick, or are you just ignoring me.

When are you coming to Chandler? You know I live there. We could go knock down a few sausages if you like, if I'm in town.

I was ignoring you....LOL! J/K, I am planning on sometime in October. I need to narrow down the dates with a few coworkers and I would love to enjoy sausage with you! If you know what dates you will be around in October....or even November....let me know and I'll plan it for when you are there. Hell, if you can come by the school, I'll see if one of the instructors I know can take you around the track for some drifting. He did it for my wife when I was out there with me and she had a freaking blast!
 
You finally going to ask someone about that tire width vs handling question that you never got back on???
 
You finally going to ask someone about that tire width vs handling question that you never got back on???

Refresh my memory on "exactly" what the question was again! LOL
 
It was so frickin long ago I don't remember exactly. I do remember that it was a really good question and I took a day or something to spell it out for you so you could ask your old instructor and then ... nothing
 
It had to be on that thread (or another one that came from it) when you were thinking about getting the Vreds and I think you were thinking about a stagger or 275s all the way around and maybe we were talking about how that would effect handling dynamics, or something like that. about that time anyway. We were talking about coefficients of friction also I think.

crap, yet another great question down the tubes... I'm starting to feel more like Hal all the time.
 
I guess it would depend on what your planned use is. Daily driver, or track car, or garage queen?

As a daily driver IMO, it would have to be a very, very good deal. They can keep the car in tip-top shape, but at the end of the day. When you are racing it quite often, like I'm sure they do. The stuff goes bad a hell of a lot sooner. And no matter how good the maintenance team is...stuff will get missed, or over-looked, or even not fail just yet. But if you buy one, I think you'll be doing alot of maintenance, or paying someone else too.

If you want it as a track car...I suppose I would. It's lived the life, plus if you are looking for a track car I assume you already know what to expect for the maintenance to keep it on the track.

Probably would do it, if I was buying the car to sit in the garage and look good, except for the occational Sunday cruise. Of course that would be if the car didn't look like it's been beat on to bad, 'cause I'd still want it to look purty.
 
I wouldn't worry about them missing anything. They probably have a check list right down to nuts and bolts for the final prep before being sold. I think it would be more a matter of accelerated wear on parts not replaced. Take our bushes for example. That's something they wouldn't be replacing but they might be half way worn out after 10K miles.
 
You will learn to be a damn good road racer and daily driver. They take you from really understanding vehicle dynamics, car control, proper weight transfer...etc. You'll learn about how to properly execute threshold braking and trail braking. You'll become intimate with heel/toe downshifting and throttle steering. You'll learn the proper lines to take to get around the track the fastest way possible. In the beginning they teach proper seating, hand positions, proper vision....where you should be looking entering corners, etc. The school has three top notch road racing courses and a huge skid pad where you learn the basics and move up to the auto-x, ovals, and road courses. You have your own car (Vette Z51) the entire time with an instructor with you most of the time. Another cool thing they have are the CTS-Vs hooked up with hydrolic wheel extensions on all four corners that take a little weight off of various corners. The instructor is inside inducing various conditions that you need to respond to. It's kind of like driving really fast on ice and responding to the conditions appropriately. We also did a half day of offensive driving techniques with Ford Crown Vics fortified with bumpers all the way around the car. They teach reverse 180's, J- turns, and the PIT (Police Interdiction Technique) maneuever...which is a fancy term for knocking someone out of the way....as well as proper ramming. The first time I went we also talked them into letting us go through a three hour Karting school after hours....HOLY SHIT....that was fucking nuts. These gokarts go over 120mph and do the quarter in 12 seconds. We had a bunch of 16 year old kids running circles around a bunch of Navy SEALs!!! LOL

All in all a top notch school. Hell, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Danica Patrich frequent the place to learn how to road race!

Chase...you fuck....I spent 15 minutes typing this response for you....did you read it? LOL
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top