Corvette Z06's, Z51's, and Cadillac CTS-V's "for Sale"....interesting

Bud

GG EVO IX MR
Platinum Supporter
Full Access
Navy
EMT / Paramedic
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
3,949
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I found out today I'm attending....again...."The Bondurant School of High Peformance Driving". I HATE MY JOB!! LOL. Anyways, I was looking at their website and saw that they sell the cars after they've been beat on a while. This school has a NASCAR style facility with many mechanics doing routine maintenance on the cars all day. I sent them an email asking how much the Vettes and CTS-V's sell for. How smart or dumb would it be to pick one of these up? Here's a link to the site in case anyone is interested. http://www.bondurant.com/high_performance_driving_school/bondurant_cars.php

The link to purchase is on the right hand side of the page.
2ed2lw6.png
 
Did you go to the whore house looking for your wife too?
 
Did you go to the whore house looking for your wife too?

Is that a trick question? LOL

I'm waiting until they send me how much before I think it's really stupid or not! I'm sure it will be WAY below what the KBB value is....we'll see!
 
The only way I would do it is the price was VERY, VERY good. You know that the cars were beat on and they're GM's, so you'll be looking at early replacement for steering parts, suspension parts, bushings, rotors, and possibly the transmission.
 
Last edited:
Rick, no shit?!?!

I'd think those cars would have to be kept in top notch condition for insurance purposes in addition to the schools' reputation for quality training. If they could be independently inspected, it'd be really worth looking into.

Btw: I'm jealous! And answer my text damnit!
 
ADMINS......can you change the title of the thread to read Z51's instead of ZR1's? Thanks turds!
 
Rick, they'll probably just give you one... You're practically staff at the fucking place!
 
Nice sig Jason!!!!
 
Last edited:
What skills do they teach you at this place dude?? I would LOVE to be able to do something like that!!!
 
What skills do they teach you at this place dude?? I would LOVE to be able to do something like that!!!


Ricks the expert, but I believe it's dynamic car control, race driving, etc. This school is one of the best... And ricks been there a dozen times, the bastard!
 
Ricks the expert, but I believe it's dynamic car control, race driving, etc. This school is one of the best... And ricks been there a dozen times, the bastard!

So being Rick's been so many times, this must be a remedial course. You think he would be better by now.
 
What skills do they teach you at this place dude?? I would LOVE to be able to do something like that!!!

You will learn to be a damn good road racer and daily driver. They take you from really understanding vehicle dynamics, car control, proper weight transfer...etc. You'll learn about how to properly execute threshold braking and trail braking. You'll become intimate with heel/toe downshifting and throttle steering. You'll learn the proper lines to take to get around the track the fastest way possible. In the beginning they teach proper seating, hand positions, proper vision....where you should be looking entering corners, etc. The school has three top notch road racing courses and a huge skid pad where you learn the basics and move up to the auto-x, ovals, and road courses. You have your own car (Vette Z51) the entire time with an instructor with you most of the time. Another cool thing they have are the CTS-Vs hooked up with hydrolic wheel extensions on all four corners that take a little weight off of various corners. The instructor is inside inducing various conditions that you need to respond to. It's kind of like driving really fast on ice and responding to the conditions appropriately. We also did a half day of offensive driving techniques with Ford Crown Vics fortified with bumpers all the way around the car. They teach reverse 180's, J- turns, and the PIT (Police Interdiction Technique) maneuever...which is a fancy term for knocking someone out of the way....as well as proper ramming. The first time I went we also talked them into letting us go through a three hour Karting school after hours....HOLY SHIT....that was fucking nuts. These gokarts go over 120mph and do the quarter in 12 seconds. We had a bunch of 16 year old kids running circles around a bunch of Navy SEALs!!! LOL

All in all a top notch school. Hell, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Danica Patrich frequent the place to learn how to road race!

Fixed by the useless FOP

Thanks Hal!!!
 
They used to get pretty good sells of the vehicles they used there... until Rick started making all the cars go airborne!!!
 
So being Rick's been so many times, this must be a remedial course. You think he would be better by now.

Did you miss this Rick, or are you just ignoring me.

When are you coming to Chandler? You know I live there. We could go knock down a few sausages if you like, if I'm in town.
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top