2008 Magnum SRT8 Production Numbers information

claude9039u

Full Access Member
Full Access
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
448
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I received permission today from Dodge to release the Spreadsheet sent to me from Mr. Gilles! So I feel that this is the official numbers from Chrysler. In the below email he explains how he came to the sequence numbers!

From: Ralph Gilles
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 5:30 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FW: 2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Steel Blue (Last One?)


Dear Claude,

I did the best I could to gather the information about your car. According to the VIN listed in the email, I was able to determine the following:

- It was the last of 29 PBM(Blue) Magnum SRT 8s(LXDX49) produced.
o On a side note, there were also 34 PS2(Silver), 53 PR3(Red), and 123 PXR(Black) produced.
- Based on the information I obtained, for 2008 MY, 239 Magnum SRT’s were built, of which, this VIN was #229, based on the Warranty Built Date and Hour. It was built on 2/23/2008, around 6 am and the only one with that Warranty Built Date and Hour..

I also did all 239 of the 2008s I found, and ordered them by Warranty Built Date, Warranty Built Hour, and then Gate Line Sequence Number; though that is not an absolute guarantee of order of build. In the case of a tie in Warranty Built Date and Hour, I marked the orders. I also highlighted the VIN specified in the email.

Your car was indeed the last of the Modern Blue Magnum’s and practically the last of all the Magnums!

Take care,

Ralph
 

Attachments

Last edited:
You mean this?

2008 Magnum - SRT8

Production total: 240 (215 USA, 25 Canada)
(includes 19 pre-production models, some of which were later sold at retail)

8H100136 - 1st sequence number (TorRed, built March 28, 2007)
8H144561 - 1st retail model (Steel Blue, built September 24, 2007)
8H272021 - Last sequence number/Last built (Brilliant Black, built February 28, 2008)

Colors:

Black: 124 (51.66%)
TorRed: 53 (22.08%)
Silver: 34 (14.16%)
Blue: 29 (12.08%)
 
or this...

Below is a list of the sequence numbers for the 2008 Magnum SRT8.
In the unlikely event that someone should happen to find one not listed here, please let me know and I will add it to the master file.

100136 104862 144561 185717 203512 226234
100137 104868 144566 192769 204456 236975
100138 120398 144576 193428 206268 237012
100139 120399 144577 193429 206802 237035
100140 120400 144737 193430 206804 237577
100141 120401 144801 193431 206987 237578
100142 120402 144849 193432 206989 237579
100145 120404 144850 193433 207030 237583
100146 120564 144926 193437 207661 237595
100149 126405 144956 193439 209802 243296
100150 131041 145045 193441 216062 243337
100155 131187 145046 193461 216070 243340
100156 131278 145050 193774 216071 243343
100162 132283 145065 198057 216335 243344
100163 132298 145067 198132 216352 243346
100164 132299 145144 198139 216373 243347
100167 132302 145165 198170 216383 243348
100168 132305 145166 198174 216455 243398
100348 132348 145209 199316 216496 246461
103861 134427 145225 199640 216502 246726
103862 135179 145233 199860 216503 246764
103863 136582 145239 200303 216512 248661
103864 137326 148665 200661 216525 248826
103865 137327 151763 200710 216526 248827
103866 138528 151764 200803 216528 248920
103867 141256 151768 201470 216551 248964
103875 141258 151775 202539 216687 249140
103877 141260 151776 202549 217976 249243
104824 141300 151787 202552 217996 249348
104825 141316 152307 202553 218007 249660
104826 144180 154108 203335 218020 249951
104829 144181 154135 203429 221218 249954
104830 144251 156381 203460 223538 249956
104832 144310 158273 203463 224110 252160
104833 144418 160862 203464 224223 252323
104838 144487 160905 203470 224224 252583
104843 144488 169811 203473 224225 253251
104844 144524 170339 203481 224226 253254
104851 144548 172676 203483 226210 253255
104857 144549 182579 203489 226215 272021

This was publicly posted by RS 2 years ago.
 
Got a link for the 2006 Magnum info?
 
No that is not the list, that's the first list made is just a list of all 240 car's last 6 of the vin. We now have a list in great detail from the first to last car built by production number. Thats how I was able to find out I have car 29 steel blue the last one built. Here is my Vin ex sample:

Production# Car color# VIN Destination State Build status Build Date Color
229 29 D8GV77398H249348249348 Hall Dodge, Virginia Beach, VA VA Plant Release (KZ), 02-26-080 2/23/08 Steel Blue Metallic Clear Coat
 
Last edited:
Wow!!

I just found this thread. How would I go about getting the same info for 2007 Magnum SRT?
 
Sorry but I have tried to get that info! I have a guy that can get info but its not"official" even though its from chrylser. The problem is that every vin for 07 has to be run then pull out the SRT8's then run the VIP reports as they have the date and time of build. Then but it in a speadsheet. Its alot of work! Then after all that beg and I mean beg chrylser to concuir with the list!. Its not a very eazy thing to get all that done. I woudl guess that there has to be over 50,000 07 magnums made? I will try but dont hold your breath.
 
Sorry but I have tried to get that info! I have a guy that can get info but its not"official" even though its from chrylser. The problem is that every vin for 07 has to be run then pull out the SRT8's then run the VIP reports as they have the date and time of build. Then but it in a speadsheet. Its alot of work! Then after all that beg and I mean beg chrylser to concuir with the list!. Its not a very eazy thing to get all that done. I woudl guess that there has to be over 50,000 07 magnums made? I will try but dont hold your breath.

There were 920 (global) 2008 Magnum SRTs made. My VIN list matches ResumeSpeed's. I'm using a different source than he his. -=PLMCRZY=-
 
There were 920 (global) 2008 Magnum SRTs made. My VIN list matches ResumeSpeed's. I'm using a different source than he his. -=PLMCRZY=-

PLMCRZY no offense but you have no idea what you are taking about not sure nor do I care what VIN list you are using, as its 100% WRONG. In my first post not only do I cut and paste Ralph Giles email but I post the spreadsheet that he provided me. If you do not know who Ralph Giles is then we do not have to go any further in this conversation. One thing is for sure there were not 920 (global) 2008 Magnum SRT's made nor has any early vin list ever said that!
 
Last edited:
PLMCRZY no offense but you have no idea what you are taking about not sure nor do I care what VIN list you are using, as its 100% WRONG. In my first post not only do I cut and paste Ralph Giles email but I post the spreadsheet that he provided me. If you do not know who Ralph Giles is then we do not have to go any further in this conversation. One thing is for sure there were not 920 (global) 2008 Magnum SRT's made nor has any early vin list ever said that!

Just saw the response. Opps, my bad. I typoed. 920 is the 2007 total as someone had asked. 2008's total is 239.

-=PLMCRZY=-
 
That's interesting
o.png
 
I have a 2007 in steel blue and would love to know where that fit in line. I wish I had been able to find a 2008 SRT8 when I was looking for my car. I was happy enough just to be able to find any SRT8 in steel blue. This is my second Magnum and I simply love this car. I see this staying in my small collection forever!

1lXTNHB.jpg
 
I have a 2007 in steel blue and would love to know where that fit in line. I wish I had been able to find a 2008 SRT8 when I was looking for my car. I was happy enough just to be able to find any SRT8 in steel blue. This is my second Magnum and I simply love this car. I see this staying in my small collection forever!

1lXTNHB.jpg

Nice Maggie! When did you get it?
 
I have a black 2008 Magnum SRT, VIN 2D8GV77378H144310. I live in Switzerland.
 
I have a 2007 in steel blue and would love to know where that fit in line. I wish I had been able to find a 2008 SRT8 when I was looking for my car. I was happy enough just to be able to find any SRT8 in steel blue. This is my second Magnum and I simply love this car. I see this staying in my small collection forever!

1lXTNHB.jpg
I have a 2007 in steel blue and would love to know where that fit in line. I wish I had been able to find a 2008 SRT8 when I was looking for my car. I was happy enough just to be able to find any SRT8 in steel blue. This is my second Magnum and I simply love this car. I see this staying in my small collection forever!

1lXTNHB.jpg
I recently bought a Steel Blue SRT8 which is one of 148 produced in Steel Blue. Awesome car!! Also a keeper.
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top