XV Intake Manifold.....

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Stretch, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

OK guys running the new XV intake manifold, what's he skinny? I've herd good things and a little bad. I am by no means bashing anyone's product, actually kind of interested in possibly looking into one. I've just herd of a possible torque loss on N/A engines? I am running the Vortech and was told this might be a really good possibility for us boosted people. I was just courious due to I haven't seen much on this item except when it first came out. Anyone running this system? Any dyno charts up yet? Thanks...

2. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

for your blower app it will do wonder. get the whole system for I want to say 1200 dont hold me to that. and you can go and sell your manifold rails for 700$. I was planning on getting one for my old paxton but I changed the blower before it came out

3. FLSRT8

FLSRT8 Full Access Member

Purchased one last week and it looks great. I will have the engine back in next week and will give and update. After speaking to the XV guys, it is best for boosted applications.

4. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Watching this :)

5. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

I would worry about the DD driveablilty of that setup. I understand there is quite a bit of low end and midrange torque loss. It's a beautiful setup. Seems more of a race only setup.
    I'm really looking forward to Norcalsrt-8's review of it.

http://lxforums.com/board/showpost.php?p=2357866&postcount=7

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  6. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Don't forget that you will likely need some tuning adjustment too.

7. SharaDon

SharaDon Supporting Vendor

I have a dyno sheet I'll have to get posted.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  8. SharaDon

Here you go.

5.7 truck intake vs XV intake on a 418 with 5.7 heads and 18* timing for all tests.

Attached Files:

9. Stretch

Thanks guys. SharaDon, is your vehicle boosted or N/A?

10. 1FST4DR

1FST4DR Supporting Vendor

Thats was an N/A run ^^..

11. Stretch

Wow.... is all that gain just from the swap? He must have at least a new tune wit it... right?

12. SharaDon

Here's the deal. I have been collecting everything I needed to run a gen3 hemi on the engine dyno for about a yr.

You would be suprised at all the things you need to hook up to the dyno and make it run.

Anyways,,, Things worked out to test this engine and it was my first go at tuning with the AEM unit. After a little trouble with a modified stock throttle body we were able to make some pulls.

I started with the 5.7 truck manifold because that is what will be on the engine when installed in the truck. It will be SCT tuned in the vehicle so I wasn't overly worried about getting the max out of it. I was more interested in testing the XV intake and 6.1 intake.

As it turned out, the XV needed a whole new fuel curve that took longer then I expected, and it was starting to get late in the day. (I only planed on a afternoon session) But once I got the A/F back in check I realised the intake was a turd N/A. So I slaped in the 6.1 intake. Whick needed a whole different tune. (very close to the 5.7 truck intake tune.) The 6.1 intake ran side by side with the 5.7 intake.(bad port mismatch and all)

So in closeing(lol) The XV intake is lame N/A. We have it on our 05 Rumble bee that runs 11.29 with boost.

I like it under boost without any real noticable lack of power under normal driving(392)

13. Stretch

Thanks for the info... so for a daily driver with the Vortech system, would you recommend it?

14. SharaDon

Depends on how much your going to put through it. There's nothing wrong with the 6.1 intake.

I like it for guy's that spray alot of W/M and/or nitrous along with the boost.

If your just boosted on a stock short block. I think you will actually loose a bit and notice it. Under boost, no loss. Under vacume,, yes.

For the stroker guy's over 10lbs of boost. I think it's a good move.

15. Stretch

Thanks. I plan on adding a meth kit, but I don't want to increase the boost... daily driver and all.

16. Buck70

Buck70 old fart

What are the cam specs on the motor this was tested on, any head work etc.
    Not bustin on ya,
    Just trying to see if it was more a combo problem, since I'm looking at using a similar (Indy) manifold on my NA 426 stroker
    Thanks