WTF does the world come to around X-MAS every YEAR!!

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by HEMISFEAR, Dec 7, 2007.

1. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Ok, this may not be politics as such....or even religion...but could be a touch of both depending on your responses.

But WTF drives a young person to blow away innocent bystanders in a mall during Christmas shopping? His family gave him up to the state because he was just a cardinal nuisance to say the very least....freek.

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSN0564256720071205

Now the cops here at the C have better insight than most here dealing with freaks on an almost daily basis....but having a Criminology degree does almost nothing for me when trying to understand this evil crap. No theoretical viewpoint fits entirely. Just glad he ended it for himself as well.

Thoughts?

2. SRT8bby

SRT8bby Full Access Member

Milan, I'm definitely with you on this one. I've always tried to understand and make sense of what these sick people do.

I've finally come to one conclusion. We will never know. Thats what separates us my friend.

3. HEMISFEAR

Perhaps the worst case scenario if we can even compare such atrocities is the evil men and women do to young children. My close friend's sister works for Child Protective Services and the things she sees even from parents who appear to be law-abiding on the surface are detestable. This, in large part, is causal when explaining how a child grows up to be a violent person. To all the single parents out there....I know how hard it can be and BIG PROPS to the ones that take care of business and raise their children with dignity, respect and kindness towards others. Sh*t, I freak out in less than a week watching one two-ish year old when wifee has to travel for business....can't even imagine caring for three kids or more, working, cleaning, cooking...I'd be looking for a Sugar Momma in a hurry!

But back on topic, I can see that...aside from being raised with proper values and morals, the issue of gun control may rear it's ugly head as well...I still don't know what to make of this, since arguments on both sides are down-right compelling. If someone had a gun in that mall and a clean shot right to that fu**er's head....BOOM......BOOM........and one more for good measure...BOOM!!! Street-level justice? Vigilanteism?

4. SRT8bby

SRT8bby Full Access Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. Having 2 boys (3 and 5 yr olds) there are definitely times where I just have to step outside and take a few deep breathes. I just think thats part of life and raising a family with sanity.

It is very sad what happens out there. In my wife's line of work, there have been a few times where she has had to call Protective Services due to obvious abuse of a child. She has come home in tears on more than one occassion.

5. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I wont get too into my thoughts here...all ill say is...he was a coward...and thats why I take "precautions"

6. HEMISFEAR

What...you ridin' dirty? lol

7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

who knows...:shifty:

8. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

and this is what seperates the parents with sound judgement and those without..... my oldest son was a NIGHTMARE of screaming, crying, temper tantrums for the first 4 years of his exsistence. there were many times i just had to walk out of a room just to calm myself and my nerves and collect myself. i understand where the catalyst comes from with difficult kids, it is the inability to control ones emotions that i struggle with.

9. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Like a lot of the other shootings in schools and public places, this will get made into a "gun control" thing, when its really a parenting issue. From the reports I've seen, this guy obviously had mental issues, but was consistently abandoned or neglected by the people who should've been there for him. His life was one big downward spiral, doesn't make what he did right, but explains why he might have thought he was justified. After being made a ward of the state because his parents couldn't deal with him, then bouncing around foster homes, then staying with his dad nine months, who then kicked him out, dropped out of school, and getting dumped by his girlfriend and fired from his job in a few days time, he was a ticking time bomb. I have to think that at some point, someone could've stepped up and given a crap about him instead of saying "not my problem!" So he became a problem for innocent shoppers and employees instead. But yeah, soon enough it'll get blamed on guns, or video games, or movies, or Marilyn Manson or whatever...

10. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

sadly enough...your right...they will look for every possible excuse for this...

11. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

my thoughts would be better off left inside on this topic ...

its just a shame what happens in this world of ours and how fucked out we really are ....

think about the virginia tech massacre ... what the FUK are these kids thinking these days!

12. cherbear

cherbear Supporting Member

I agree, I dont understand a lot of peoples actions either.

13. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

Same here.

14. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

its funny how stuff like this always seems to happen at critical times in politics

15. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

tam, i would agree with your comments as to this will take place, but i hate the reasons why...... our society goes about problem solving all wrong these days....... often it is in the inability of people to identify the actual problem, so as to then go about brainstorming and finding root causes to the problem. here, problem is 8 innocent dead people....... causes... all of what you listed could be. most importantly the parental one, but that is not the one any will want to touch, because it is easier to point fingers at the gun lobbys, etc. i personally am for gun control (for those of you who want to jump on constitutional rights, etc....trying being on the wrong end of a gun and getting shot....changes your views SINIFICANTLY!), but that is not necesarily the fix here. spending some quality time with your kids and knowing what they do is one very good way to ensure stuff like this does not take place.......ok, i am off my box now.....