WOW ~ 662HP & 582 lbs of Torque!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by NOTPAID4, May 1, 2013.

1. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

Just got the call from Arringtons and my 300SRT is NOW retuned and redyno'd. The final numbers are 662HP to the rear wheels & 582Lbs of torque running 13Lbs of boost. I wonder what the horsepower at the engine would be putting this much to the wheels. To Late today to go up and get it back and tomorrow, we have to babysit the grandkids; hopefully it won't be all day so Tee and can go pick up my 300SRT "CHEETA"! Man, I am excited! The tune, new pulley, new belt and dyno pulls cost over $1000. Yikes!

2. Bullishman13

Bullishman13 SRT8 Noob with a passion

This is awesome!

Are you are on stock internals or has the engine been rebuilt? I know it seems strange to ask. Most numbers that high would indicate that the motor has been built a bit.

I'm looking to do my car over in the next few years. I have been always pondered what my stock parts would take. Engine, transmission (2008 SRT8), drive shaft, rear diff and axles.

I have my plans, but I'm interested to see what your butt dyno says about the ride. Enjoy, keep it between the mayo and the mustard. :D

3. NOTPAID4

This car was built by the previous owner and hardly anything is stock, forged bottom end, head work, Builder Bill Trans, 3200 Stall converter, LSD qualified axles, custom drive shaft and the ProCharger D1 head unit and largest intercooler he could get; plenty of more stuff but cannot remember it all. He had invested over $80,000 into this car, IF this tells you anything.

4. Bullishman13

Bullishman13 SRT8 Noob with a passion

Well hot damn, I'm in for a treat to rebuild then.

Have fun with it. I'll be home from this hole known as Afghanistan and would love to meet up sometime.

You should consider Moparpalooza in Va. You could just drive up and bring pics.

I'm sure it'll be more than fun to drive, if not a little spooky.

5. NOTPAID4

It appears now that it'll be tomorrow before we can drive to Virginia to pick it up. Looking forward to getting it back for sure. Thankfully I did have my other three LXs to drive around in until this one was done.

6. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Nice...very impressive numbers!

7. NOTPAID4

OMG, today Tee and I picked up CHEETA, my 300 SuperCharged SRT from Arringtons in Martinsville, Va. I took it real easy for quite a few miles but just had to give a bit of a touch out on the interstate. I found out that at approximately 1/3 throttle at most speeds the rear tires break loose. This is NOT an easy car to drive; believe ME!!! To be HONEST I did NOT even try at WOT; surely need to get used to it some more before trying anything like that. I took off EASY and eased into the throttle about 1/2 ~ Amazing! I was told by some folks that this head unit for the pro charger should kick in sooner and it sure appears to be true.

They gave me a copy of my Dyno Sheet; YUP, had it laminated already; don't want anything to happen to it.

Thanks to Chris the previous owner, for dropping at Arringtons some other items he had for the car. So VERY kind of him to do that for me.

As soon as I got home I immediately began cleaning it out and gotter' lookin' like it should. NOW ~ TOMORROW, Tee and I should be cruisin the streets 'round here! LOL

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/8686/dscn1185f.JPG

8. NOTPAID4

Well I drove it around a good bit today and I believe this is as close to a true RACE CAR as it gets. So hard to take off and NOT bake the tires LOL; I got on a back road and just bumped the throttle a good bit; about 1/2 and let right off; looking into the rear view mirror, lots of tire smoke and some rubber marks. I drove it most of the day just barely pressed the pedal; I'm truly amazed HOW MUCH POWER. It'll be a VERY LONG TIME before I got WOT on this CAR. Got a ton of looks today with the huge AIR NOISE from the Racing Blow Off Valve. It sounds so cool I keep turning the radio back OFF! Whenever I stopped folks were asking me what that car had in it. For a bit of FUN, I stopped at our local Chevy Dealership to look at TWO ZR1 Camaros they had and when I pulled in the Sales people came out to talk to me about my car. When I asked and looked at the ZR1 and talked about it's power... with a snicker... I said to them, geesh I'd hate to drop down to that LOW of power and left! Needless to say they stayed outside to see me drive down the street. Oh and quite by accident had the car sideways twice today, only at about 1/2 pedal. HMMMMM, surely do NOT plan on driving this car in the rain.

9. NOTPAID4

After doing some research with other SuperCharged folks I may have to invest in some Mickey Thompson 305x30x20 Drag radials. Hear these hook up so much better than any street tire.

10. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Wow...sounds like you have a difficult car there. I'm sure you will be in for some more interesting trips. Good luck.

11. Rec 26

Rec 26 ...a tremor in the MOPAR

El Paso, TX via Centereach, NY Vieques, PR and San
    Nice!!!!!!!

12. Truckzilla46

Truckzilla46 New Member

Glad your all back together. does your ride have a different diff? I installed a quaife diff to help with traction it does wonders.

13. NM08SRT8

NM08SRT8 I need Diablo!

This is a good problem to have.. Lol

14. NOTPAID4

This car is such a BLAST to drive; hardly driven an of my other Magnums, except BLUE which is my daily driver. I really need to get my Mag SRT out of the garage for a spin to. It only has 11,700 miles.