World's Fastest Challenger Award

Discussion in 'NMCA Race Series 2009' started by nmcajeff, Jan 28, 2009.

1. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Oh, I am with you John. And Chris has IRS (NOT sraight axel), runs DR's (NOT monster Slicks), has FULL interior (not gutted down 1Klbs), drives his when ever he wants (NOT sit in a shop until race day) and the list goes on. haha

Oh yea, and doesn't have to worry about valves dropping or springs breaking. lol

2. nmcajeff

nmcajeff New Member

This car has not been on the track yet. Drag radials these days hook just as good as slicks. the first 6 second pass on drag radials was this past weekend at Bradenton Florida at 223 mph also. If I had pics of the other car I would post them but the guy has not sent them to me yet. Remember the success of this event could lead to bigger and better things for the HEMI community with our series.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

And Jeff, even though I am giving loads of shit about the name (lol), you are doing a GREAT job at promoting.

4. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

Not to mention thats a "Drag Pack Edition Car" you guys know the one. the striped down lightweight, use your own rear end, moved the motor back 3", No interior at all one. I think I can shave some more weight to.

5. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Ok, so you missed my post about the weight reduction. haha

6. Trojan

Oh I saw it Ron, I just wanted to make sure everyone new this was a "Drag Package" car. No vin number car, Need a NHRA license to buy one car.

7. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

I think your gonna need a 10 point cage if you go below 10.00 Chris.

8. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

would that chally be considered a 6.1 base? i wouldnt think so. nothing really left except the frame.

9. nmcajeff

nmcajeff New Member

Doug's car is not a drag pack it's a bar bones no option car look at the picks were he pulled the factory engine out. Mopar has not delivered any drag pack cars that I know of except Don Garlits car. I could be wrong.

10. HalV48

It's not being built as a street/strip car though, right? I guess you have no qualifiers as being street legal. It's just a race car then.

Seems to me it should be an exhibition car only, being your a muscle car assoc. not a race car assoc.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  11. nmcajeff

nmcajeff New Member

All out run what you brung and hope you brought enough. I'm not going to argue rules this is a one off event and we are trying to put these cars in the spot light like they deserve. And if it's successful and well supported we will probably have another one maybe with some class specific rules like or LSX Shootout. When you come to the race check out our other NMCA classes and you will understand the concept.

12. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

well if thats the case, we should get jmatt to exchange the shell on his camaro for a charger and call it a mopar.

13. nmcajeff

nmcajeff New Member

The car has to be a stock chassis as it came from the factory at chrysler. the car has to fit within the rules that I posted for the two classes being contested at the event simple as that end of arguement. I don't care if it's a street car our a purpose built race car the fastest challenger on the property on this given weekend will receive the prize and will be considered the world's fastest Late model challenger in the world. REMEMBER the car has to fit within the rules of the two class contested during the event. No tube chassis back halfed cars are not permitted period. We are trying to revive the pony car wars of the 60's and to get the excitment back of the mustangs ,camaros and challengers duking it out on the track and to get people to race there challenger instead of putting them in storage to sell at Barrett Jackson in 30 years. So mod yours and bring it out you will have a blast!!!

I guess we can't make everyone happy just be glad someone is giving you a place to race and show your cars off on a national event level. This is the last post I'm going to argue about this topic. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and that's fine but the rules are the rules. I personally am looking forward to this event and from the response I've seen on all of the boards alot of other people are also. If this event is successful this year we will probably have classes with more specific rules but until we see that we have the racer support we will work with what we have set for this race. If anyone of you have ever been to one of our events we strive on great customer service and treat all of our racers with respect and honesty and personally welcome each and everyone as you come through the gate that's why we are in our 21st year of racing and others have closed the doors. I look forward to seeing each and everyone of you and your cars at the tech shack at Maple Grove. Now get out to your garage and get to work on those cars.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  14. SharaDon

SharaDon Supporting Vendor

Sounds like a fun event. That will be sure to involve opinions on street/race car. What's fair. Who is really faster? LOL

I know if this was a bracket race. Doug Duell would finish towards the top. His car always runs like a watch and he's a excelent driver. I'm thinking Doug will run in the 9s.

Plenty of money backing that project.

15. nmcajeff

nmcajeff New Member

I'm finished debating this issue the Prize will be there for someone to win so get busy. I've also seen Doug loose more races than he's won. there will be guy's there with just as much money or more in their car as Doug. Rumor has it their will be couple untested (at this time) turbo charged car and a twin supercharged car at the event so all I can say is it's looking to be a very good battle.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  16. HalV48

So, calling it the fastest Challenger in the World. So whoever has the fastest trap speed wins?

Seems like it should be the quickest Challenger in the World to me. Then we're talking about E.T. not MPH.

So if you have a final race and the losing car has a faster MPH, but a slower E.T.? Who is crowned?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  17. Trojan

Untested? hmmmmmmm! not very smart Imo! See you all at Maple Grove!:bye:

18. ujokin2

ujokin2 New Member

Hey it is still being built...just to beat you !! Pssst... I am only 20lbs heavier then you are.... :ronlove: :bigwink:

19. HalV48

You only weigh 140?

20. Trojan

Yeah Evidently I got a target on my head :whistle:! Well dont think for a second I've let all our goodies out of the bag yet, Remember this is racing.....:aggressive: