Willow Springs Road Racing

Discussion in 'Autocross/Road Racing' started by QWKSRT, Jun 5, 2008.

1. QWKSRT

QWKSRT New Member

Anyone in So Cal interested in some road racing? They are having an open track day June 21 and 22. Thinking about going up on the 21st. Have already verified the GC's, we are welcome to attend.

Main Page: http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/
    Schedule: http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/...ndcalendar.htm

The price increase starts Saturday but I've set it up with him that we can all still get the lower price through the end of next week. Please PM me if interested.

Would love to get a huge SRT showing out there.

Here's some details from the events coordinator.
    -----
    This is our once a year, 2 day, weekend event!

This event is scheduled for June 21 & 22, 2008 on the big track at Willow Springs. The price for the event will be $195 for one day and $370 for both days. If you sign up in the last 14 days before the event the price will be increased by $25, and if you sign up the day of the event the price will be increased by $50. I will not make any exceptions for the extra fee for any reason, and if your mailing in you registration we will be going off the postmarked date. This event will be run in the same fashion as all previous events. We will have three run groups, beginner, intermediate and advanced. Each run group will get (5) 30 minute run sessions totaling 2 1/2 hours of track time. For all newbies or people who want to attend, we will have classroom instruction followed by on-track instruction. As always, all paid participants will get an all you can eat BBQ lunch and an OPEN TRACK RACING duffle bag. Please remember that all OTR events are open to all that want to attend, so please tell a friend!

Please help out by registering early! You can get all the information at www.opentrackracing.com.

2. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

your making me jelous!!!!
    I wanna drive out there!!!

i'll finally be back home from travel on the 20th and thats too short of a notice to go out there...

3. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

I've been out to Willow three times now and I'd love to go again, but looks like I'll have to wait until next year. SOmething about a baby and the four and a half hour drive to get there. :happy:

Have fun!

Tamara

4. QWKSRT

QWKSRT New Member

Don't they make baby helmets? haha :)

5. ChargerGirl

Well, I'd like to wait until she can ride along facing forward at least. :baby: :happy:

6. Fast56k

Fast56k New Member

WS is a great track. I had a blast there. I suggest you tape up your front end and behind your wheel wells with painters tape. I got a few scratches on the paint racing there. It was an absolute blast though.

C.

7. QWKSRT

QWKSRT New Member

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Will be my first time out at that track.

8. ChargerGirl

Watch out for turn 10 too. EXTREEEEEMELY late apex! :bigwink:

9. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

dammm you guys are making me wanna drive out there

Dang work why are you making me travel when i could be spending that same time in corners!!!