Wideband Necessary???

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Grocery Gtr, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Grocery Gtr

Grocery Gtr New Member

Hey Guys Got A Few Qs I Am Putting 100 Shot On My Truck And Do Not Really Want Gauges In The Truck,the Kit Will Have A Window Switch,purge,heater Etc.i Have A Dialo And Am Running The 93 Cai Tune Can I Run This With My Nos Right Out The Box..........or Go Back To Stock Tune And Run The Nos,i Plan On Getting A Cmr Tune Soon,but Do Not Want To Blow Up My Daily Driver.what Is The Purpose Of The Wideband ,once You Get It Tuned Is It Really Necessary To Have It ...............thnx Gerald

2. JMatt

JMatt Platinum Supporting Member

I personally wouldn't run nitrous without an AF gauge. But tons of people do.

3. SRT8bby

SRT8bby Full Access Member

I think its good to have in case you want to change some parameters, or just in case something wants to change by itself you can still monitor the A/F.

If you really don't want it visible, you can hide it in the glove box.

Not sure about your question of running the 100 shot with the 93 tune. Hopefully some others will chime in, but ultimately your best bet will be getting it tuned on a dyno and have 2 different cmr tunes. One with the nitrous and one without.

4. billyboys

billyboys Full Access Member

Get the B&G Nitrous Tune...I gained 2tenths just with his tune not spraying..

5. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

What they all said...it will let you know if you are running lean before you go boom!
    Let us know if we can help we carry all the popular Widebands.

6. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Innovate has an A/F wideband guage that is a very small rectangular screen that you can mount in the flat area right in front of your cluster. Gculver has one on his jeep and you hardly even notice it there. It's plain and simple with no fancy flashing lights it comes in either red or blue backlit led and just a black digital readout of the air fuel readings look into that one if I were you.

7. Blown-WK

Blown-WK cherokeesrt8 survivor!

I would never run nitrous without a wideband. The cost of a wideband is insignificant compared to a grenaded motor.

8. BTLFED

BTLFED Full Access Member

What ??????? You dont run with a wideband :bottom::grin:

Like many have said, widebands have dropped big time in the last few years. 5 years ago you couldnt get a wideband without dropping serious coin. It really is your preference, for every guy that runs a wideband there is a guy that is not. Here is my opinion, should you choose to go wideband. Be sure it is a unit that is very clear to read and you dont have to be looking down instead of watching the road or track. IMO the Colors work better than numbers.