WideBand Guages (discussion/comparison)

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Quick, Nov 29, 2007.

1. BOOSTINSRT

BOOSTINSRT Stock Turbo Abuser!

I went with the AEM UEGO wideband on my srt-4. I did that because I plan on going big turbo, and AEM EMS in the future. It was very easy to install, and the sensor that came with it is still working fine after countless gallons of 110 leaded race gas!

2. Goats

Goats God of skittles

same here :dance4:

3. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

AEM Uego Wideband is what I went with for the SRT-4.

Only downsides I see is that:
    1. If you need a replacement O2 sensor it needs to be ordered through AEM. You can order them from anywhere else but from what I heard the gauge would need to be re-caliberated (something the owner can do).

2. On the rich side it reads to 10.0 but nothing below that visible to the user. So if your running rich below 10.0 you won't be able to tell how rich.

I chose this gauge because I can mount it in a gauge pod, its easy to read via numerical display and also color display. The installation is pretty much a breeze. To top it all off, if I ever wanted to I can hook this gauge up to my Aeroforce Scangauge and datalog inputs off the Uego through the Scangauge.

4. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Need to wake this thread up again. Got the aFe, got the Predator, wideband A/F has moved up to the top of the list. Summary: Innovate seems to be the most popular with this goup. PLX DM-n00 has the coolest gauge. Looks like the DashHawk/Hawkeye has been pushed out indefinitely so I'm back to needing a display gauge as well... dammit, I finally had it worked down to the LC-1 with the DashHawk for the display and integrated logging. Now I've got to consider the display and wait for the integrated logging (maybe). A while back I ran across a really nice comparison chart that somebody had put together with about 10 of the top/well known gauges -- display type, response time, accuracy, integrated/component, etc. and now I can't find it again.

If I get the bung(s) installed before getting the gauge I assume there is only 1 size? I'll be getting some gauge that uses the Bosch sensor. Everyone says any muffler shop can do this for around $30-$50? Would you risk something like Midas? How about the dealer (pretty competent service dept. did a fine job installing my CAI. If it's convenient (like being in there for service) and I don't have a gauge yet I figured I'd have 2 bungs installed with the screw in plugs.

and I'm back to the mounting dilema. I was looking at that auto meter, 2 pod, pillar mount and thinking about hacksawing and modifying one of the pods for the DashHawk (Auto Meter 12236). It's black. Might leave it that way. Someone else did that and said they were planning on color matching but ended up liking it black. If I were to color match something like that they show Color Bond 165 Chrysler Medium Mist Gray in a can. Is that the right color for the A-pillar?

Ron promised pics of his Innovate install showing bung, wire routing, and display mounting? (hint, hint, bump) :angel:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  5. jimh

jimh New Member

I had the DJ Wideband Commander in my 03 cobra for over 20,000 miles before I traded it in on my SRT Charger and never had a problem. I like the dial type gauges as opposed to the digital gauges because theya re easier to judge out of the corner of your eye since you don't have to actually read the number just the posotion of the needle to know you're safe. The DJ does logging as well. I hooked mine up into coil wire so it recorded RPM with AF ratio in the logger. It can also be connected to the throttle position sensor, but I didn't. For my SRT I'll probably go with that one again.

As for why have Midas do it? That's all those guys do all day is weld ehaust pipe and they are VERY good at it. You'll get a nice clean weld. They actually stock O2 bungs because they replace them allt he time on rotted exhaust pipes.

6. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

I recently changed widebands... from the AEM Uego to now the Autometer Pro Comp Wideband. Yes, Autometer does make a wideband... no its not a narrowband.

Just installed it yesterday and I like it so far. Color variation between it and the Uego.

This one... rich is amber, stoich is green, lean is red.

Info on the gauge can be found here:
    http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=3604&sid=11