Why did you get an SRT

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Goats, Nov 12, 2007.

1. The_Main_Event

The_Main_Event Creme de la Creme

hahahaha now that is great!!:beerchug:

2. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Oh Chad you gotta take that pic off makes me miss Florida so bad

3. sleeper

sleeper New Member

I ordered a '02 Z06, and when it came in my wife wouldn't let me go get it.:cry2: Then two years later right before my 40th birthday my wife bought me a SRT 10 Ram.:shock: Of course it didn't hurt that I got her new H2 6 months before.:rofl: Now I need something new again. Like maybe a Viper or Z06 or ZR1 or Challenger or Camaro or something. Before she tells me :bye:.

4. DadsSRT8

DadsSRT8 Crusin in Mag

I was going to say I married Maureen's younger sister... (cause I know I am younger than Ron.. in spirit anyway).. and the generosity runs in her family...

but I saw a proto type s/c Mag at the LA Auto show in 04 & was eying that for quite some time then watched the trades & waited.. I start to hear about the SRT's. Once I read the first article on the SRT I was bound to get one.. that was in Oct of 05 when I saw it come off the truck.. it is just awesome..

Ken

5. GooberMT

GooberMT They See Me Rollin

Well previously I owned a Neon SRT4 and it was a great car when it came out, lots of potential and loads of fun, and very much different! It was also the competition to the Evos and STIs. So i got one and had loads of fun making 520HP with it.

Now I purchased a Caliber SRT4, and am very impressed again with the refinement in the vehicle. These cars just keep getting better and better!

Gabriel

6. dawhat

dawhat crazy monkey

I just liked it!

7. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

I just liked the wheels...

:laser:

8. 4t5Gunner

4t5Gunner New Member

It just fell into my lap.

The wife and I were at the Dealership looking at Ram trucks trying to decide on the 1500 QC 4X4 or the 1500 MC 4X4 that we were planing to buy when I got back from this deployment. We had 2 Dakotas that we were in and looking to get out of them and into a fullsize. We are getting ready to leave after the test drives and are BSin with the sales manager (We had bought 2 vehicles from him in the past and were his last sale before moving into finance and sence then has been promoted to Management) when he mentions that they have 1 last 07 MSRT on the lot and are looking to move it. Now he knows we are looking for a truck (needs) but he also knows I have had wood for the SRTs for years (wants). So he puts the keys in my dirty little hands, the wife gives me a look like "Aw fu*k here we go". So off I go on a "little" test drive, about an hour later I pull back into the lot give him the keys. The wife asks how bad do I want it I say "thats sweet maybe one of these days". Then he throws some numbers at me. I look at my wife and say "today is one of those days". When were in Finance the guy had to get up and go make sure the #s were right he could not believe how low we got them to. Oh and I also got the maintenance package and extended warranty at cost.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  9. Django

Django Glib, but Sincere

The Viper motor, the six speed manual, the looks, the novelty.

D

10. DirtyDarky

DirtyDarky New Member

best bang for the buck$

11. LSU300SRT8

LSU300SRT8 New Member

I totaled my truck. Once I got back on the market trying to find a vehicle, I originally decided to get something good on gas. That thought only lasted about a week. I had been in a local Mopar club for about 9 months or so by this time and i loved the LX platform. So my choice was between the Charger and the 300. Knowing me, I knew I would get in trouble with a Charger. So that left me with 3 options, the 300 Touring, C, and SRT8. No way i was putting myself in a V6. I was going back and forth between the C and SRT. The SRT was just oh so sexy, I couldn't get over the look. It just stood out from the rest. But money was an issue. So for about a week I looked for a C that didnt have gratuitous amounts of chrome, that didnt have that wood grain interior, and that had black leather. Couldn't find it. Then came the thought, if I get the C, I'm going to want to do x,y, and z, so why not just get the SRT and be happy. I loved the way it looked both inside and out. From the front fascia to the bolstered seats to the tiny spoiler on the truck, and the dash clock, I loved it. So I found one in Brilliant Black, the dealer sold it one me. Then I found another in Silver Steel Metallic. Winner winner eating mustangs for dinner, when I laid eyes on the Corsa exhaust tips, I was sold. On downside was i didn't get to really enjoy her for a couple weeks, I drove home in the slush and then snow.

12. Viperam

Viperam Viperarcheologist

Badest Pickup Truck Ever Built and that's still true 10 years post production

13. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

I agree and when I saw the Queen sitting on the lot, it was love at first sight!!!

Really. :smart:

14. Rec 26

Rec 26 ...a tremor in the MOPAR

El Paso, TX via Centereach, NY Vieques, PR and San
    There are other vehicles other than SRT that you can get?

15. Viperam

Viperam Viperarcheologist

Sure, an ACR would be a good choice

16. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

I like the new Orange one on front of Motor Trend!!!

17. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

i don't think I would change a thing :friends: :friends: :bye: :bye: :smart:

18. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

I anyone wants to get me one for Christmas, pm me and I will send you my addy

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Well, I might if you were serious :friends: :friends: :friends:

19. DirtyDarky

DirtyDarky New Member

EXACTLY....This car really is not a 4DR 4CYL Dodge Neon, its a beast with a world of opportunity awaiting with modes that will allow you to blow away vettes and Porsches for less money, with your own efforts.

20. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

I drove one at the SRT Track experience in 2004, it had a terrible binding feeling in the front end, hopefully that has improved over the years?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013