Why did you get an SRT

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Goats, Nov 12, 2007.

1. daveschally

daveschally New Member

Ordered the Challenger because of the reputation of the srt line. Also because the styling will endure for more than just a few years whereas my STS-v has a dated sharp edge style that goes in and out of style. As long as you dont pay a markup it is a value imo.

2. Racer X

Racer X New Member

I followed the develpoment of the car and just knew I had to have one. The power was a blast ,when I drove it, but it was the brakes that sold me;they are Dimes as we all know.

3. Crazy J

Crazy J SuperBee #896

I needed a good size 4 door for the family. I liked the looks of the Charger and I considered an RT and just modding it over time. But I knew 2 things: 1) to bring performance and looks to that of an SRT was going to cost more then the price difference between the two and 2) I either wouldn't have modded it at all (always something else to do w/the money) or it would have taken many years.
    So I figured an SRT right off the bat was the way to go so at least if I didn't mod I'd still be happy with it. Then I found the Bee and I knew there was no other.
    I'm very happy with my decision because other then a few small things I don't want to change the Bee which fits well what I would have expected in regards to modding. Also, I've never had a vehicle with close to this much power before so I'm going to love the power for quite some time. When I feel like I want more, I'll get the Predator and probably be good for awhile again.
    -J

4. grmreaper

grmreaper RIP

because I have a viper and wanted something with same performance but a daily driver. Plus I like big balls and both have them

5. SRT8

SRT8 MoPower

It's a Mopar & it's kool. :future:

Say what? :fear:

6. Hemi31

Hemi31 [email protected]

I always enjoyed full size cars that were animals......Had a 62 Impala 409 in full Z11 dress that was insane......I wanted another fast full size car and drove a Magnum R/T in 04'.Was told at the time that the SRT was 2 years away...so I bought it.Six month later the SRT's are rolling out.....after driving one I had to have it.......the only problem I find now is they are never fast enough;)

7. SRT4Does12s

SRT4Does12s New Member

i was working in dallas at the time and needed a car. i found a stage 2 wrxsti went test drove it, said ill take it. ill bring the down payment in the morning, went the next day with the money. they sold the damn car.... didnt think i was serious..

found an 03 evo same thing happened.

called the wife told her find me a dealership that has a srt-4 send them the downpayment to hold it. she did. next day i went and picked up my srt4. didnt even test drive it. just walked in signed paperwork. drove it fell in love

8. larryc7777

larryc7777 Always in Heat

First, I'm not a Mopar, Ford, Chevy, or anything else guy. I like fast. I don't care how it's packaged or what brand it wears. My last vehicle was an 03 Cobra with nitrous...540/625. Great car and very fast but worthless in the Midwest winters...even with dedicated winter rims & tires. Ford, in their infinite wisdom, planned to produce the vehicle that I would have bought in a heartbeat....the SVT Adrenaline. Supercharged 4.6 engine, 6 speed auto, AWD, 20" wheels, full 4 dr cabin, with a nice looking body on a SVT modified Explorer Sport-Trac chassis. Unfortuanately, Ford suffered financial setbacks and decided to axe the Adrenaline. Then I read a roadtest comparing the Chevy Trailblazer SS & the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. It killed the Chevy....bad. Likewise the RangeRover fell to the JGC. That started me thinking that I needed to look into one of these. I found a guy that I sorta knew that owned one of the first JGCs in the area. He took me for a ride & after just 1 single launch, I started making arrangements to get one of my own. I traded the Cobra & have never looked back(except to see where my competition went).:grin:

9. The ///Man

The ///Man ME>GOD!

I got mine because the BMW Zangara Dodge sold me had most of the front end damaged and failed to disclose it to me when I purchased the car. I needed a 4 door and the neon was there and fun to drive. Sad to say I don't currently have an SRT, but maybe down the road.

10. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

^^^^^^
    This is the guy that made me buy one...

11. bmartin9122

bmartin9122 SRT junkie

Right now, SRT is the only badge that is offering me something I truly want to own.

12. 07norcalsrt8

07norcalsrt8 I'm So Screwed

:thumb3:

13. 07norcalsrt8

07norcalsrt8 I'm So Screwed

I have always wanted a V8 Magnum but back in early 05 all I could afford was a V6:crying:. So I bit the bullet and got a 2005 Silver SXT, hell I got my Magnum:tooth:. For the next year I was happy with the SXT, then I met some other LX owners and saw the sheer power the Hemi had to offer:muscle:, and like a drug I needed some of that.. So for the next year I looked long and hard for a sweet deal on a R/T but nothing I could swing payment wise. Finally I found one early 06 MSRT8 17k on the clock(red) 31k. I headed down to the selling dealer to take a look and it was in the process of being sold:cry2:.. Ok, bummer but I still have my Magnum. So I gave up looking for a few months and saw an ad on Ebay "06 SRT custom exhaust low miles lots of extras" i knew I had to act fast on this one...It was an 06 Black- Kw's, Corsa Catback,cutouts, LED Tails, screens in the headrests, and LAMBO Doors and some exterior bling 27k...OOOOHHH AHHHHH it's gotta be mine. Took it for a dest drive and it died on the freeway(and didn't restart),:huh: Tow truck picked us off the freeway and back to the Dealership we went. Right away they took it to the service Dept and put it on the rack.. Once it got off the ground the horror began:mouth:... Belly pan missing,brake ducts missing, tranny leak, scraped all to hell:wallbash:.... So the manager I was dealing with said they would fix all of it and reduce the price to 22k to move it.. I said that was gonna think about it(yea right) and call him back. So I left and passed the 5 star down the street and there she was BLACK 07 MSRT8(roof rack) sitting on the podium Gleaming.....It was a price haggle mainly on the trade-in but I got my MSRT8 no options 11k on the odo 28k OTD.. For a total of $45.00 more a month on the car note $84.00 if you include the insurance increase and the gas useage(damn lead shoes). I am happy I have some V8 muscle back..:rock::dancing:.

So in 2000 I started with this
    [​IMG]

Then in 2003
    [​IMG]

Then in 2005 I bought this
    [​IMG]

And in 2007 the Muscle came back
    [​IMG]

So I have been a Mopar man for the last 7 years...

14. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Honestly I was tired of constantly working on my Hemi truck, yeah it ran great and was fast but it seemed like with all the mods I had on it that I was always fixing something and got tired of worrying what was next to go bad, plus traction issues were a PITA so I decided on the SRT8 Jeep, faster than my truck plus TRACTION

15. It's coming

It's coming it's here

Always wanted an american muscle vehicle. i am from England and although these are available over there you do not see them much. 6.1 L V8 and 5 pounds($10) per gallon for gas do not go together.

For me I guess the GC SRT8 was the best performance available and still alows me some utility for carrying Dog, Child..etc.

16. srt-4chick

srt-4chick Silver Supporting Members

fast and yellow...what more could you want...lol

17. TXSkyeSRT8

TXSkyeSRT8 New Member

I travel alot and I need AWD. I wanted somthing fast and rare.

I almost bought an TBSS, then found the GCSRT8 online...three days later I owned one. I was sooo happy that I found it before it found me while driving a TBSS. Its funny, I made a list of everything I wanted in a SUV and the GCSRT8 fit every item. I want a Challenger too..BAD.

18. Exit89

Exit89 Full Access Member

I had an 03 Denali which we all loved, and was getting about 14 miles to the gallon and the gas prices were over $3.00 so I told the wife I had to get rid of the thing. Plus I had been checking out the video of the yellow and green birds 100 times (you jeep guys know what I mean). So I took one for a test ride and was sold, until the wife said no...the gas thing. So I asked her about the Charger and again she said no because she loved the truck. So my friend says he finally got his money and wants to buy the Charger. So I find a place that has one 56 miles away (had to be black) but they had 2. My buddy buys his and he follows me to the highway and all the way I'm looking at it in the mirror and saying...that car is f*#king hot looking. I go on-line and pull up the picture and for a week I show it to the wife, what do you think? The place around the corner has a silver and a red. She again says no.......it has to be black! The next day I load up the truck and drive 56 miles and come home with the Black Charger SRT8.

Did I mention it was a long story?

Steve.

19. The_Main_Event

The_Main_Event Creme de la Creme

I bought my 300 SRT cuz I thought it would be better on fuel than my 2005 Cadillac Escalade but I was wrong, but I enjoy driving this better!!

20. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Okay, okay, honestly my sex life was nill and since buying the SRT Jeep, well you know [​IMG] , heck me and the Jeep both got it down to 4 seconds:drugs: