Why did you get an SRT

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Goats, Nov 12, 2007.

1. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Because I knew about it a year in advance and my friend was watching the test mules run low 12's in 90+ Michigan heat!!!!

Plus the SUV as Borat says is a Pu**y Magnet! :woot:

2. PALELLA

PALELLA Addicted

I had a 2006 BMW 5 series wagon that got totalled out and needed it replaced. I have 2 Golden Retrievers that I cart around a lot so I needed utility and I also wanted 4x4 and tons of power. My other options were BMW X5 4.8 or Porsche Cayenne Turbo. For the money the Jeep wins and the rugged and raw power really excited me. I'm also a modaholic and the Jeep has lots of mods available.

3. Matt McKenzie

Matt McKenzie New Member

I needed an all wheel drive vehicle for winters up here in the North Country...love power, so why not....now my V-dub is sitting this winter out! Love this beast!

4. Viperam

Viperam Viperarcheologist

Because I'm Fat and I needed something that could get me down the road at break neck speed

5. FlashSrt-4

FlashSrt-4 Stage 2 w/toys

Well my friend was getting a divorce and couldn't afford the note by himself. Since I feel in love with it the first time he let me drive it a took it over. Plus I like the fact that people say "O it's just a neon" until you pull off on them and then it's "That's a bad a$$ car" lol

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  6. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

NICE, your not fat just big boned CARTMAN................

7. SilvaSurfer

SilvaSurfer SRT-8 Driver

Well it started like this, Our Zoo and I were in another forum called trailvoy. he stated that he was getting a new SUV, he said he was tired of the slug bug. So he calls me and said Jay I got a GCSRT. You gotta roll in this baby.

So a couple of months later I went looking for a GC too. I went to several dealerships and came a cross a sweet deal, but by the time I made it too the dealer it had been sold. I was pissed. The salesman called the Owner of the dealership and stated what had happen to me. They were going to order me another one but not for the same price. I said hell no, same price or no deal. So I left the dealership. 2 days later they call me with another offer, stating they would order me one with less options for the same price but it would take 6 weeks. I said no deal.

My son was getting tired as we had been there for several hours, the salesman states if you have a movie your son could sit in here and watch a movie while we discuss the deal. While my son was watching the movie he said to me, dad why don't you get this car. I turned an looked and it was an SRT. I looked at it closely and it was a late model 06 with the update front grill bumper. Than I looked at the miles. It had 14 miles on the odometer. I said how much, owner walks up and says since we want to make you happy you set the price. I said 38k out the door, with taxes and everything. He looked and said you drive a hard bargain but I will do it for you. That's mt story about how i got into an SRT.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  8. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

LMFAO nice...

9. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

'Cause it was orange.....:secret: and I love the Neon.:secret:

10. Paired Hemi

Paired Hemi New Member

I had a 01 Dakota R/T and had to have more HP, so got the Charger. The wife (who was driving a Liberty, because we keep a 4x4 in the fleet) found out about the Grand Cherokee, and said "They make these things in a JEEP?". Back to the dealer we went (I started looking around for one, and she found one on her own, bless her).

11. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

real simple for me ... 425 hp for $38K. Sold! The fact that the maggie looks bad azz is just icing on the cake!!:yes:

12. Mr. Moe

Mr. Moe New Member

Yes he is and I just talked with him yesterday and was over at his house about 2 weeks ago...Skittles, SRT10's and of course his SC Viper litter his street and driveway weekly and every now and then my MSRT

I bought mine because The Wife said I spent too much money modding my V6 and while I was sitting at the computer on Ebay she said what are you buying now? More stuff for the car again? I said NOPE!, she then said Why don't you just go get the SRT and stop trying to make this one an SRT? I said OK..

13. Wyoramsrt

Wyoramsrt Full Access Member

I wasn't really lookin to buy anything and then the truck just landed in my lap. Just had to get it. Originally I was looking to sell my truck and save the money. Well that didn't happen.

When I told the girlfriend I sold my truck she was so happy! Then I told her I ended getting a more expensive truck. She gave me a dirty look but knew it was my money and not hers. Needless to say she is real good to me.

14. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

cuz i wanna die in style

15. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Just remembered...I thought it'd make a bitchin' "family" car. :happy:

16. AsThe_SkyFalls

AsThe_SkyFalls Pandaa

I wanted a fast car that wasn't an evo or sti otherwise i'd be like any other chink driving an evo or sti. Didn't want that :naww:

And ever since i got the srt i have now decided that when i have a family i would like to get a bigger srt ftw(srt8) cause i fell in love with the SRT :rockon:

17. mike@bwoodyperformance

mike@bwoodyperformance Supporting Vendor

2004 e-blue cause it's the fastest 4 door vehicle under 20K, 2007 Grand cherokee SRT-8 just cause i like having 1.60 60 ft's on street tires ...lol, 2007 Plum crazy SRT-8 Charger cause they only made 300 and i just had to have one...lol.

18. Fastest H-Town Realtor

Fastest H-Town Realtor New Member

Wifey wanted a new ride...her previous rides were 94,96,98 and 99 Cobrastangs. She was up for a SUV, but still wanted speed. Was looking at the new Escalades with 403 HP. Then by happenstance we rode a JEEP SRT-8, and it was all over but the buying. Now, I'm looking for a RAM SRT-10 and have dibs onna new Vipe.

19. durangatang

durangatang asphaultmeltingeuphoria

I got mine cuz the price was right. And because over the past TWO years I spent lurking on these forums drooling over all the SRTs on here. I'm totally addicted to it now and I'm kinda dreading all the money I'm gonna dump in this thing.

Sorry kids, all we got is ramen noodles.....

20. BillsHoe

BillsHoe NOT NEW 2THIS TRUE 2THIS

Had a 06 Daytona GMG and was jealous when all the SRT guys & girls where talking about how much power on the site. Than drove one and had to have it.