Who was the sadistic SOB that designed the wiring harness?

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Quick, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I mean EVERY frickin connector has a DIFFERENT secret method to unlock it...

I dropped the overhead console. I was expecting 2 connectors and there are 3. I managed to get the first two and can't get the third. I got the first white one for the map lights. I got the second one that's on the right side. The third one goes right into the center up against the module. has 4 large orange wires going into it. Maybe it's for the sunroof? It has 2 gray clips/wedges, one in each side. I managed to pry one of those out but it didn't look like it was making any difference.

Anyone know how to get this connector loose?

2. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

MUAHAHAHAHAHA...i mean...hell if i know :search:

3. Blown-WK

Blown-WK cherokeesrt8 survivor!

Are you installing a turbo in your overhead console:friends:

4. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Reminds me of when I had to swap out the battery on the Durango. Good ol' DCX felt you needed both standard and metric wrenches to get the thing out. :doh:

5. The ///Man

The ///Man ME>GOD!

if you take a picture I will tell you how to

6. Quick

Help me please...

[​IMG]

7. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

I can't tell exactly without seeing the other side, but it looks like you should squeeze the 2 metal tabs in towards the wires and pull or possibly slide the connector down (well down in the pic).

8. Quick

That's my thoughts too. Those are actually gray plastic pieces that go down the side of the connector and inside the (sort of) housing. It has a little tab that goes into a hole on the housing. I popped out that one on the right. and I was prying on the one on the left (pretty severely). It didn't pop out but the plug didn't budge and was rock solid the whole time. I'm thinking that's the right way to unplug it and it's just stuck on on there/in the socket really tight. I just don't want to pull on it hard with pliers or something and break it if that's not the right way.

9. The ///Man

The ///Man ME>GOD!

the grey pieces lock the wires in place, don't take them out. The angle is kind of bad, but from the looks of it, most of the time those type of connectors will have a little nub on 2 sides, and the part that it slides into will have corresponding cut-outs that they lock into. rather than having a clip to depress, you gently pull out the "female" part so that the little nub can slide out.

10. Quick

Too late... I already took the grey pieces out. haha, I put them back, it didn't work.
    So I took the whole friggin module off (that black box) and sure enough there is a flat piece with a hole in it and the plug has the nub on it. I got a flat head in there and pryed the flat piece away so the nub was free and levered on it... sort of seems like that side is moving a bit and it's solid on the other side... I'll try probing the housing on that side but there isn't anything visible there (and I can see that side). The nub and clip are obvious on the back side. So in the pic I removed that black module above the plug and you can easily see the clip. You're looking at the other side (bottom in the pic). There doesn't appear to be any sort of lock there?

11. Quick

I got it! I got it! I figured it's the plug to the sunroof switch since it's right over it and I hardly ever use that. So I just started working a small flathead in the other three sides and prying up. It finally came out. There is only the one nub and clip on the back side (where you can't see what's going on unless you remove the module). It's a deep socket with long prongs inside and it's sort of softer/rubber like so I guess it sort of glued itself to the plug.... thanks for the help.

12. 66dvlbrd68

66dvlbrd68 Gold Supporting Members

Doesn't everyone just use some black magic / voodoo?