Which spark timing to pull?

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by GGreek5, Mar 21, 2008.

1. GGreek5

GGreek5 Olimpiakos

So I put in my 125 jets this morning. Hooked up the Predator to pull timing. Got to the wot spark section. Do I pull timing from every single rpm range? Also there was WBT Spark, and Spark. Do I do each one at every rpm range?
    Ari

2. BTLFED

BTLFED Full Access Member

Both spark tables must be the same. If you pull 2 degrees in mbt you must also pull it in the spark table. If they arent the same values I believe the predator default it no timing will be pulled.

3. GGreek5

GGreek5 Olimpiakos

So for the 125 shot, should I pull about 3 degrees for every rpm table?? I'm trying to get a custom tune for the nitrous from Dave.

4. Blown-WK

Blown-WK cherokeesrt8 survivor!

Its really hard to give you an exact number without monitoring the spark and KR on a dyno. I would have Dave make you a CMR and use that for a close baseline. Then you can fine tune that if needed.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  5. BTLFED

:thumb3: Bingo

If you strapped for cash or that much in a hurry to spray, I know Headhunter has run the jets Zex calls a 125 and pulled 3 degrees across the entire RPM range on stock tune.

Modern Horsepower got me my CMR within a few hours of getting them my original tune and mods list.

6. GGreek5

GGreek5 Olimpiakos

Dave got me my tune for the nitrous today. I sent him my last file, and he got me the nitrous tune within the hour. It seems like the nitrous tune is faster when I''m not spraying, than the b&g2 was.
    Didnt have enough time to get the bottle pressure up to test the 125 shot. Does it matter if I'm running the zex jets with the nitrous outlet plate??
    Oh yeah, thanks alot for all your help guys.

7. BTLFED

Ari- Not only did I feel the same way, my track results proved this on Friday. I consistantly ran between .10 and .15 faster and had a little higher MPH(.25-.45). These times were also on 1/4 tank 93 octane/2 Gals 116 Octane, so I imagine straight 93 would have been faster. Unfortunatly my refill station was empty so I didnt get to spray.

8. Dave@BGChrysler

Dave@BGChrysler "Let Her Eat"

GGreek5/BTFED, The reason why it is faster with the B&G NOS tune VS the B&G Stage II tune is because you did not have the correct fuel oct to support the B&G Stage II and with the NOS tune which has less timing your vehicle ran better. That is why some vehicles perform better with the Predator 91 oct canned tune vs the 93 oct canned tune is really comes down to fuel quailty.. The B&G Stage II is the most aggressive tune but again if you don't have the fuel quality to support it than your vehicle will run better with a less aggressive timing curve.(you could remove Some WOT timing from the Stage II calibration with the predator). But put some good fuel in your vehicle and the Stage II tune will Rock.. Hope this helps..

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008