What's with TOP GEAR?!?!

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by Cheatek, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

Ok all you Top Gear fans (Tam, Rick), what's going on this season with the show, I don't get it?? What they're showing now are supposed to be NEW episodes but they're testing cars that are like 5 years old. AND they're not doing the "celebrity in a resonably priced car" thing. And each episode seems like it's just slapped together, half the time they don't have a "welcome to the show" bit. They suck right now, I don't get it. Are they showing old episodes they never did before and pawning them off as new ones or what?? They're so bad they're starting to make me look forward to Adam Carolla!! Lol!

2. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

haha, i havent caught one of the new shows. i dont even know what time it airs.

3. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Odd, I've started to think that the episodes on BBC America are repeats. And keep in mind that sometimes there are delays in the "new" cars that they get in the UK. So what seems like old news to us is new to them. For instance, they still, to my knowledge don't have Magnums or Chargers sold over there new, much less the SRT-8s. So they've only reviewed the 300 and didn't like it, silly snobs. After all, they think that Fords are the best general purpose cars EVER. Bleh...

I do like the show, even if I don't agree with them on everything. :happy:

4. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

"TopGear USA" will make "Cavemen" look like "M.A.S.H.".
    We simply can't compete with the snobbery that is Clarkson.

5. Cheatek

I thought the same thing Tam only in the last "new" episode they tested the then brand new CTS-v ... LAST GENERATION'S V!! Not the new one coming out. And they didn't just get it, they were saying it was brand new. Plus there's other stuff like they did that "car soccer" thing in a recent episode with those micro cars and said it was their first ever time. Well, I already saw them do that last season with other cars, this was obviously old. Plus they LOOK different, the 3 of them, they look younger (Clarkson has more hair, lol!) and the whole show "feels" different, it just feels old. I think they're showing old episodes that they're pawning off as new ones (they do say NEW episodes on the commericials on BBC) and it's just bull.

6. budoboy

budoboy Full Access Member

I watched Season 11 Episode 6 a couple weeks ago on Youtube and they mentioned at the end of the show that they wouldn't be back till fall. I'm guessing you are seeing reruns as they had tested the CTS-V (last generation) a year or two ago.

7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

i just wish i could watch Top Gear on tv :sorry:....not even with my newly upgraded package can i see it :cry2:

8. Daron

Daron New Member

Top Gear... I don't like politics with my automotive programming. Those tools are so left leaning they cant even test a car without holding it accountable for their perception of government from which it came.

9. Dysphagia

Dysphagia Full Access Member

the episode with the cts-v is from season 6 so yes it is very old

10. ChargerGirl

They lean left about stuff they have no clue about. They bitch up and down about congestion fees and other government bureaucracy when it comes to cars though.

Everyone sounds like an ass when they talk about stuff they know nothing about... I've been guilty of it a few times, I just don't have a television show and youtube to document it all :happy:

11. Cheatek

Well I just found the answer to my question. I watched Monday's episode again and in it Hammond tests the "all new" BMW 3 series and he says, "new for 2005 ..." So there you have it, they're advertising these episodes as new only they're waaaaaaaaay old. Liars.

No matter tho, I still like watching them. I agree, they're pompous asses and their American bashing gets old but ... I like the cars, what can I say, I'm a car nut! Lol!

12. ChargerGirl

And its nice to see someone on TV NOT constantly going on about global warming and with BBC, it seems like they always delay tv broadcasts to the US by a season or two. Doctor Who for example...

13. Cheatek

Yea they delay shows but not this, they were just showing current stuff earlier this year (you can tell by the cars they tested). And you're right, they do hate the prius and go off on environmentalists and global warming as well as politicians. And BMW drivers too, lmao!! It's funny to watch!

14. cmn1

cmn1 SRT and SVT

15. ALABAMA MSRT8

ALABAMA MSRT8 Full Access Member

the last episode i watched was the shoot out between that 500 h/p bmw and the 300srt8. they talk down on american made sports cars.

16. Cheatek

So they just finished up their "new" season on Monday with a test of a Ford F150 Lightening. Ok, even tho it was all from 2005 or thereabouts it was still a pretty good season, can't wait till the next one (hopefully it'll be more current tho, lol).

BTW, anyone have any details on the American version of Top Gear?

17. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Why Adam Carolla? Why? What happened to Leno?!?!

18. 6POINT1

6POINT1 New Member

19. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

OEM tires on the salt flats.
    Good thinkin', fellas.

20. Cheatek

That link both excites me and scares me ... they're obviously getting set for another season (exciting!) but ... they're testing AMERICAN cars (uh oh, scary), lol! PLUS, what's with throwing in a Chally with a CTS-V and ZR1?!?! Uh, talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight, lol!