what type of rim??

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by Jinx, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Jinx

Jinx New Member

what type of rim could i get so that i could put some slicks on ????

2. Ram48

Ram48 Old School

Kosei K-1 Racing 15x7 with a 38 back space in 5x100 bolt patern and according to your HP output either an M&H 23, 24.5 or 26in tall 8.5x 15. slick and it will bolt right on. We got them at tire rack and the part number is 1570385100K1R we also got the hubcentric ring #57 ring, and lugnuts N1SSR31138.
    If you call John at M&H 661.324.4773
    He will answer any questions and set you up with the correct size slicks at a great price.
    If you run tubes you will need to drill out the air valve hole to 5/8 inch for the racing tube air valve.
    When you mount the slicks use WD-40 instead of mounting soap as the WD will dry and not leave a film like soap. We learned the hard way when we spun the rim in the tire. and if you run tubes use plenty of baby powder on the tube and inside of the slick before mounting.
    Hope this helps
    Ray

3. Jinx

Jinx New Member

Thanks!!!
    That helped alot , im goa tryand work on geting the stuff as soon as i can!

4. psi chick

psi chick New Member

i use 15x7 traklites with a +35, work great. fyi - k1's are no longer in production so you're going to have a hard time finding them.

5. jdoria

jdoria New Member

Do guys run slicks on the SRT-8 Jeeps?
    Do you install all 4, or does that rip the driveline to pieces?

6. psi chick

psi chick New Member

i've never seen it but i don't see why not. you would have to install all 4, and it shouldn't harm the drivetrain. the evo/wrx guys use 4 slicks and they're fine, and their tranny's are like glass.

7. DCRRACING

DCRRACING Supporting Vendor

If you still have your stock wheels we offer a drag slick that will fit on the stock srt4 wheel. Its a 26x7x17 and it works great on these cars. We have them instock ready to ship. Pm me or call me at the DCR Speed Shop for pricing.