What the?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kilroysneon, Jul 26, 2009.

1. kilroysneon

kilroysneon Kilroy is long for Kill

My neon has been running a little sluggish lately. Got to poking around under the hood today and found this...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. kilroysneon

what is the line poking out of the bottom of my turbo? the one with the screw in it? another question is is it common to have the larger line on the green line? you can see it... the one with the zip ties on it... anyway still havent found the reason for the sluggishness. vac leak? waste gate stuck? seems like all i am getting is the noises... but none of the power:cry2:

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

missing a hose?

4. kilroysneon

Did my wheels this weekend

Got a little wild with my wheels... Flat black with a 1/8th inch red pin stripe. I like the way it looks:love:, what do you think:search:?

5. kilroysneon

her is a pic. will take some better ones when i wash and wax her!

Attached Files:

6. kilroysneon

i dont think so... one day it was go go go! now... not so much.

and another thing, what the heck is the deal with the metal plate on the bottom with the rtv, i guess that is what that is, was something deleted? moved?

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Wheels look great.

8. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Is this thread about the engine or how the car looks??...I am confused..:stars:

9. Dysphagia

Dysphagia Full Access Member

thats just a block off plate that is used to cover the hole where the stock BOV was.

how many pounds of boost is the car running?

10. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

as Dysphagia said it is a block off plate for where the stock BOV used to be. I would hope that you have a remote mounted BOV

11. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

+1. Funny how the thread goes from "Oh I have a problem" to "You think my wheels are sweet?" LOL

Your block of plate is fubared to hell. Looks like they took JB weld all the way around it.

The line with a screw in it is ghetto as hell. Just get a damn vacuum cap and plug that port.

Car is off of PCM controlled boost because the WGA line is going to the back of the turbo ghetto rigged with the stock green line lol.

What worries me is I beleive that is the stock WGA and if it is and off PCM controll youw ill only be running 4lbs of boost. Could be the Stage 2 WGA and then it would only be running 8lbs OFF PCM control. Find someone local in your area that knows these cars well to help situate your vacuum line mess.

12. kilroysneon

to be 100% honest with you i couldnt tell you. the guy who had the car before me took the stock gauge out and installed glow shift gauges. out of the four only one works properly. the boost never gets out of inches of mercury ( it will get to around one pound if i really get on it), the oil pressure dances between 20 and 50 lbs, and the air/fuel resets when the ignition is turned on and then pegs out before i crank it... how can i find out for now? i mean with out buying new gauges?

i think so too, thanks!

indeed i do have one!

how much boost should be running otherwise?

13. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

I take it you just got this car? Sounds like it has a lot of kinks that need to be worked out. Stock boost levels are 13-15lbs(spike) depending on the weather.
    Uhhhh so you are only hitting 1 lb of boost? LOL I bet the car feels slow as hell.

14. kilroysneon

i have had the car for about 2 weeks almost 3. and yes it does feel slow as hell! lol

15. kilroysneon

alright, i got my manual off of here...all 1771 pages of it. looked up the vac diagrams. now i do have a few questions. the picture i posted the pics a few days ago, there is a line comming out of the bottom of my turbo, the one with the screw in it... where is that line supposed to go? i am not too sure which line that is supposed to be is why i ask. green #2? or blue #3? i am assuming that it is to the middle port of #3. and on that note my lines are ran from my WG directly to my SVA? correct? all i have to do to correct that is run my vac line from the WG to the middle port on #2, correct? and from the top of #2 to the green line comming out of the back of the turbo (SVA), correct? i am ready to get this corrected ASAP, and feel that i do have a good understandin of what needs to be done.

16. kilroysneon

and another question i do have... lol:hypno: the blue #3 there is absolutely nothing at all hooked up to it. for the way i read the diagram.. the top port goes to the hot side of the intercooler pipe, i assume that was to my stock BOV? does that need to be ran to my aftermarket BOV? the middle port goes to my SVA, and the bottom port goes to my throttle body?:hypno:

17. Goats

Goats God of skittles

why does it look like the stock wga is off pcm boost and hook up directly to the turbo hitting only around 4lbs of boost

18. Dysphagia

Dysphagia Full Access Member

you are gonna love this car when you have it running real boost lol.

the BOV should have a dedicated line from the throttle body. you can leave the solenoid for the BOV without anything connected to it, just make sure its plugged in.

I cant remember off the top of my head but i do believe thats the way the WG solenoid lines are run. (i havent had any of these lines for 3 years haha)

19. kilroysneon

:surprise: i hooked it up the way it says to. i could not shift fast enough! went from idle to 6000 before i could get out of it:scare: and hit second, went to 6000 even faster that time:scare:, same for third and fourth:shok:! i just fell in love with her all over again! thanks a million guys!:ilovesrtc:

20. StealthWyvern

StealthWyvern Non-neon owner

I told you it should run circles around my car. Now I will just have to take it for a spin later on! So I take it hooking up the WGA the way we talked about was correct.

Edit: Now watch your gas mileage get real crappy for the first few tanks. Boost is addicting isn’t it? lol