Wavetrac Differential Ready!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sgtstanko, Oct 12, 2010.

1. 3336jmh

3336jmh Full Access Member

It's almost 3/18 any updates?

2. wavetrac

wavetrac New Member

Wavetrac WK SRT8 update

3/18/11: I am Dana from AUTOTECH Driveline, the manufacturer of Wavetrac Differentials. Autotech has been in business since 1983, specializing in high performance driveline parts since 1986. I am posting here to help Eddie at Southern Hot Rod get information about our new Cherokee SRT8 rear diff to everyone, as we are experiencing delays due to extremely heavy workloads in the plant.
    First, we had longer than expected material supply delays to start the job. Thankfully, for this job, we finally got the required material and put that headache behind us.
    We are fortunate that Wavetrac sales are growing at a tremendous pace – we think it’s in no small part because we make a well-designed product that is very high quality, right here in the USA. The downside of becoming so popular so quickly is that demand for Wavetrac has outpaced our current capacity to make them. We will not sacrifice quality to close the gap, so we are doing our best to add capacity however we can.
    We appreciate your business and thank you for your patience on this project. Please understand that we will do our best to get the Wavetrac diffs to our customers as quickly as possible without losing sight of why they have become so popular – a great diff that you can count on.
    Here is the most current information on the Wavetrac differential project for WK SRT8:
    There are two main components that are the issues here: housings and side gears.
    The housings are made in two pieces. One half has returned from black oxide finishing and will be hard turning on the next available machine. The other half has been heat treated and will join the first half on the hard turning queue late next week.
    We have two dedicated hard turning work cells (4 machines total) and there are currently about 4-5 jobs ahead of the WK diffs. This means that the housings for the new diff should be ready sometime in the week of April 11th .
    The side gears are the next topic. Side gears are currently being made and are expected to be completed during the week of April 18th. We are working on getting that improved.
    Once the side gears and housings are completed and are in hand at our assembly area, the diffs will be built up and packaged for shipment to Southern Hotrod.
    We will do our best to improve this schedule. I will post an update here next Friday March 25th.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Dana
    [​IMG]

3. Muellge

Muellge the Big Greasy

Thanks for posting a detailed update. Glad you're having demand "problems". Hoping you can get to us soon.

G

4. JohnsonSRT8

JohnsonSRT8 New Member

Keep up the goodwork. I kno were a small group of guys but we make that up in how high our expectations are:D Don't forget that:)

5. rmon

rmon New Member

Any other updates?

6. 3336jmh

They were suppose to post an update on the 25th. I know I can't wait for this thing to be available.

7. rmon

rmon New Member

Yeah. I'm chompin at the bit myself.

8. Muellge

Muellge the Big Greasy

haven't heard any yet.

9. cmn1

cmn1 SRT and SVT

George is a little slow over here but this is his quote

10. Muellge

Muellge the Big Greasy

Thanks for posting it up. Was coming over this evening to give update.

11. cmn1

cmn1 SRT and SVT

Not a problem. I am on top of it. I know how group buys go without info, so i try to keep both threads as current as possible.

12. wavetrac

wavetrac New Member

UPDATE ON WAVETRAC for SRT8 Cherokee:
    Hi All,
    Wavetracs are nearing completion.
    [​IMG]Housings are being hard-turned at the moment, which is last step of machining.
    [​IMG]We anticipate the first diffs for Southern Hot Rod to be ready in about a week.
    Dana -
    Wavetrac

13. 3336jmh

How many will be available in the first run?

14. cmn1

cmn1 SRT and SVT

PM Muellge.

15. mondo

mondo New Member

Cant wait!

16. Muellge

Muellge the Big Greasy

17. 3336jmh

Hey Muellge thanks for the info, spoke to Cliff & gave my deposit yesterday.

18. rmon

rmon New Member

Spoke with Chris from SHR today and sent the balance of my payment and shipping on my Wavetrac. He said they should ship out next week. Congratulations. We did it guys.

19. 3336jmh

Well I spoke to cliff today & I guess I got in on this a little late & have to wait another 3 weeks for the second batch. Unless anyone out there is not in any hurry to install theirs & doesn't mind waiting for the aec

20. 3336jmh

Damn iPhone! Doesn't mind waiting for the second batch and letting me take their spot in this first batch. Just putting it out there I know you guys have been waiting awhile.