War Stories

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by Cygnus, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

bumpin it up so king ron see's the thread :pizza:

2. essareteesicks

essareteesicks New Member

It's not something I care about either way, but I believe a section to post up wins/losses in racing (legal or otherwise) just opens up a window for all kinds of bullshit. And how do you know I'm not one of "the one's who can make this happen"? ;)

WS sections have gotten ridiculously out of control in the past, even with moderation. People tend to not like being moderated, ya know.
    The suggestion for a racing section about legal racing is a good one. But, like I said before, an open section where people post their "kills" is just invites a whole lot of drama this place can do without.

3. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

This is a car enthusiast site first off... so forums such as drag racing, roadracing/autox, drifting are legal and appropriate. These forum sections would bring more activity and more members on this forum. I've been into the scene long enough (years upon years) beginning with my first car this being my 8th car or so to know how things go down. I already spoke to Mains and we discussed it. Legal activity racing forum sections were okay by him. As far as your question in bold, your a moderator. Moderators cannot lock, delete, create a forum. All you can do is voice your opinion about this. I have you know I have a Web Engineering degree. I know how message boards work and have had my share in the past. This isn't new to me.

You jumped into conclusions to quickly before reading my last post in this thread yesterday. I debunked the WS idea. I'm all for the legal racing forums.

4. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

hopefully that with a section like this...everyone can play (as much as possible) by the rules...there is enough legal racing that goes on with all the members here to warrant the racing section...we just have to put the hammer down if and when things do go a little out of bounds...so any input from the higher ups on if its gonna happen? or did it already and i just didnt check yet? haha

5. Cygnus

I spoke to Mains about it for about 5 minutes lastnight. I think he's discussing it with the other Partners before a final descision is made. Hopefully its a go :thumb3:

6. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

good stuff...i'll have to keep an eye out for it :thumb2:

7. Cygnus

8. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

Huh???

at first glance i was thinking that this tread was gonna be about alot of us who exchanged rounds, getting bombed, blown up with some locals in another country :usflag:

9. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Ya... you and Rick would have like that....

10. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

rick and i probally could talk for hours just exchangeing stories

11. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Till the Vodka runs out and you start pulling out each other's chest hair just to see who's eye's waters first! Lol!

12. essareteesicks

essareteesicks New Member

Congrats on your higher education. :yawn: Not really sure what that has to do with anything, though, maybe you just like to throw it out there arbitrarily. It was a light statement--not implying that I hold ultimate sway over what does and does not happen, however, I would imply that moderators would have more weight with something like this than, say, a regular member and/or vendor.

I didn't jump anywhere, I was merely agreeing and supporting your statements. If anyone here jumped anywhere....

13. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

I fully agreed to a "legal" racing section that encompasses all different types. After all, we drive SRT's and most of us are responsible enthusiasts and not those who bought an SRT simply because it was the "top of the food chain" model 300 or whatever. In addition, these sections can also house valuable tips and advice for anyone interested in a safe, skillful and FUN experience at the track.

14. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

thats what i am hoping...im no pro driver so I could use some tips! haha

15. Cygnus

Looks to me a vendor had the weighing hand. What makes you being a moderator being better then any member or vendor? Since by reading what you wrote that's what your implying. If you read entirely what I wrote and let it sink in you'll see why my education was brought up. Get off your power trip, you hardly participate on here anyways. Looks like you came online merely to come in this thread.

Actually you were the first to try to shoot down the idea without letting it be voiced. Let things run its course. Members are what make a message board not moderators so don't think highly of yourself.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  16. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

come on lets play nice...we are all SRT'ers here...

17. Cygnus

Sorry but it really gets to me when someone who's a mod looks highly of themselves and that members nor vendors can weigh in a voice on anything. Obviously her statement is false. Everyone else thought great ideas and put opinions and effort into this. Then we all agreed on something and I discussed it further with a Partner.

This is Member Feedback after-all.

18. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Ok, if there is an issue between any parties, I would appreciate it if it were taken behind closed doors (i,e., PM).

You can also include myself or one our other Partners as a mediator.

I will say this, SRTC will NOT have a Street Racing area in the Public eye.

As I know that Street Racing happens, it is NOT a Safe thing to do.

Thank you guys. :D

19. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

i know...and we accomplished the goal of this section with a modified version of your original idea. She voiced her opinion as well which is again the goal of this forum and hopefully we can respect the point of view of others...i am not trying to take a side or anything here so hopefully no one takes it that way...

i know im not a moderator or anything but i just want to keep this from blowing up into a war of words any worse than now...this is after all a site where we are supposta be here to be FRIENDS :friends:...

so i know you two do not see eye to eye on things, but the decision has been made and bickering just makes for tension...so im not saying that you guys have to be best buddies...but lets keep this from getting any further...i just want us to get along! :friends:

sorry for the long winded response...again...all i want is for us to get along (lame i know but its true) :friends:

20. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

theres ron!...thank you sir :salut:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.