Voting frustrations...

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by ChargerGirl, Feb 5, 2008.

1. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Seriously, how hard is it to update someone's voter registration?

I checked the "update voter registration" box when I changed my license for my married name back in November of '06. I was shocked when I got called for jury duty this January that I was still listed by my maiden name. So while waiting to be called I headed to the voter registration office and updated my information again, married name, libertarian party. This was back on January 2nd.

So imagine my surprise today at the polling location, when I find that not only am I still registered under my maiden name, but NOW I'm a fricking DEMOCRAT!!!! So after taking the time to research all twelve libertarian candidates, I can't even vote for them, and now I can be assured that I'll be getting stupid phone calls telling me to vote for Hillary or Obama!!! :blowup:

So once again I filled out the damn registration update card in the hopes that maybe just maybe the third time they'll get my name AND my party right in time for the next election in June!!! :getlost:

2. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

ugh! effed up systems i tell ya! just as long as you dont leave any hanging chads.

3. ChargerGirl

I already got an auto-dial call from Hillary today...

"Hello, I'm Hillary Clinton..." *CLICK*

Marc's all, who was that?? Hillary, I hung up on her.

4. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

hahaha

5. Leadfootluke

Leadfootluke New Member

And thats the naive thinking that will get someone we dont want elected, elected. Oh, lets get someone different because I dont like this guy, even if the new candidates are much worse.

That sucks for you Tamara, I would hate to have that unknowingly changed.

6. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

no kidding

7. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

LMFAO :prop::dancing::clap::beerchug:

8. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

There were a slew of shenanigans going on in San Diego according to a few news reports. Republicans would show up to vote, and they were somehow REGISTERED as Dems or Independents. So, someone changed their reg. somehow.

Even an 18 year old Highschool volunteer (community service for school) called into a radio station complaining... she claimed there were at least 15 people in this situation where she was... and she was volunteering at a poll in a neighborhood... in someone's garage (SMALL turnout).

9. ChargerGirl

I was HOT mad yesterday that I had to either vote Democrat or not at all. I don't force my views on others and I expect the same. I know that voting Libertarian or Not Democrat in this state is like screaming in a windtunnel, but dammit, that's my right as a citizen. :censored: :chair:

The only saving grace yesterday was that for once, the way I voted on the other stuff (props and measures) was the popular vote, so maybe I'm not COMPLETELY alone in my political views here. :crying:

10. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

There's a Libertarian candidate?

11. The Max

The Max Full Access Member

Tamara,

Did you ever straighten this requirement to vote Dummycrat? You think it's bad on the West Coast huh with all those Illegal Aliens? Try coming to the right coast( east coast). I live in N.J. and our illustrious governor is ramming a toll hike scheme which will bankrupt the state.

Recently went to Governors town meeting( about this toll scheme) and was impressed with the hostility shown towards the governors bullsh*t.

Still how can they make you vote Dummycrat? When you're in the booth you do what you want right.

When I was younger i may have sided with the liberals a little bit because that is what were taught in school. When I started paying taxes became a conservative real quick. Good luck with this dilemma.

Sam

12. stitchmonkey

stitchmonkey MASTER OF DISASTER!

Join the ranks of frustrated! I was registered Republican for decades, when Our fearless leader Arnold turned colors and started running with the Demicats I switched parties, my first election with the new party I got a Demicat ballot. To this day I still get the automated phone calls from Arnie, Slick Willy and Hilly, I think I even got one from BO "Nothing intended with them initals" It's the nature of the beast I guess. We vote we end up getting a bunch of crap be fore and after.

13. stitchmonkey

stitchmonkey MASTER OF DISASTER!

Get your island allready!

14. ChargerGirl

California's primaries are closed, so if you're a registered dumbass, I mean democrat, you get a democrat ballot with only democrat candidates on it.

Add to that, I got counted as one of the "Millions of democrats" who turnd out to vote, even though I'm not a democrat (at least I don't consider myself) and I didn't vote for Billary or Obama.