Vortech Track Updates....

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Stretch, Aug 23, 2008.

1. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

From what I understand, we don't have to go back. I believe that we'll be sent stickers or certs once the kit is approved. I know I had to sign a form there acknowledging that my car is no longer street legal. It's for "off-road" use only.

2. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Yea that is true. You have to get your rpms way up of the line to really see power to the ground response from a centrfugal S/C or Turbo driven car in the 1/8.

3. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Drew, so I take it you were leaving the hole at idle...rolling out and mashing it? My best 60 which sucks as well, was a 1.92 rolling out at 1500rpm and mashing it. Sometimes it doesn't work though and I leave at 1200.

4. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Definitely no pre-loading what-so-ever. Plus, I pretty much had to press the pedal like there was an egg on it until it got rolling. Can't wait to have the new half shafts and DR's.

5. JimIsland-SRT8

JimIsland-SRT8 Full Access Member

Stretch, how come the High flow cats had to come off?

6. sdcarguy

sdcarguy A bit off

They had us take them off for smog testing when we went in for the R&D...

7. JimIsland-SRT8

JimIsland-SRT8 Full Access Member

Gotcha. Thank you

8. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Took the car to the track again but with the new pully. At a minimum every run, unless I had to get out of it due to "heading for the wall", increased by no less than .17 and around 2 mph increase over the stock pully on the Vortech. She really pulls hard in first now and was barely able to get into third before I was having to stop. Definitely need to find a 1/4 mile track. Moe was watching me run before he ran a few and he said I was pulling a LOT harder than normal. I could definitely feel it. I beat some heavily modded cars, some that came in on trailers, that I thought would eat me. Trouble is, now I have a hard time staying on it in second. 60' times sucked ROYALLY!!!! Best all night was 2.23 LOL!!! I HAVE GOT TO GET SOME DR's AND HALF SHAFTS!!!! To be able to pre-load these beast will be a blast. You guys with the new shafts and DR's must have an ear to ear grin for days after going to the track!

9. Hot Rod Jeep

Hot Rod Jeep wanna be faster

Stretch once you get the shafts and DR's you might want to consider a higher stall converter. Will help get you in the boost quicker!

10. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

True story.

11. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

these are wise words!!! might i recommend an RDP unit!!!!! i just had mine installed and LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!! you blower boys would definately enjoy the difference when launching.... assuming there is some decent rubber under the back end....

12. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

I think that's Drew's real problem here. I'm pretty sure he's not making boost at launch...or up until 2800k rpms or so. I think his treadwear rating on his Uniroyal's are around 500.

13. LegMaker

wow.....500!!! and i thought my nitto 420's and their 400 rating was bad!!!! hahahahahaha

i will say this much, when i stall the car up to just over 2k and mash the pedal, the car literally moves instantly to the left, all the while the tires just spinning!!!! hahahahahaha

if i stall up and slow roll into the gas, i can actually get the car to launch pretty hard!!!

14. HEMISFEAR

It'll be cool to see how much better you can do with a sub 1.85 60' Drew. Next season should be interesting for you.

15. LegMaker

milan - when you pulled your 1.85 just recently, were you on d/r's???? i am sure you posted this somewhere, but i missed it!!! btw, noticed this info in your siggy.....very nice my friend!!!

16. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

HUGE difference on street or track.

With the TC, Drew will be well into his powerband and have launches that will snap the neck. But, Halfshafts and DR's will be a must at the track.

17. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

sweet i can take a Vortech charged EQ'er in the 1/8th LOL

get those ponies down and you'll have a hell of a ET im sure!

18. HEMISFEAR

Thanks Chris. It was on street tires and the track was pretty warm. A lot of very quick cars that day...The torque converter helped. I stalled to about 1600 after I heated the Toyo Proxes a bit, rolled out and mashed it. They're 275's and seem pretty good at 28ish psi in a straight line.

19. LegMaker

you only stalled to 1600???? have you ever tried going up higher to around 2k???? i have been doing some practice launches, and my butt meter, tells me the car is taking off much quicker/harder when i stall it up to round 2k vs. 1.5k. i am looking ofrward to getting back to the track and try it out!!! probably be hitting moroso with scott and the south florida group when the track finally re opens!!! woo hoo!!!

20. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

San Diego only has one season ya hoser!! LOL