Vortech Track Updates....

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Stretch, Aug 23, 2008.

1. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Yep, you're 60's suck Drew. If you could get it down to 1.8 and lower...much better result. Time to start saving for the halfshafts and some 17 inchers with DR's! lol..

2. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Put my car on the scales the other week. With my fat butt, almost 1/2 tank gas, (stereo's only about 310 pounds btw) it was 4719.... kind of on the heavy side. BTW, I weigh about 220. Did have the kids car seat in...Lol!

3. Stretch

The Jeeps do very well there...

4. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Ahhh, well that's going to be some of it. I think Moe's Magnum weighs something like 1,800 with all the carbon fiber and everything...

5. Stretch

Oil catch can after the race. It was empty and clean prior to going.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Stretch

Some of the time slips...
    Ya, I know... I can't drive...Lol!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Stretch

BTW... I did have a passenger riding all night so it put me right at 4900 pounds.
    maybe some of you better track guys can give me some help.

8. Quick

Now that's interesting. Let's talk about that. I would not have expected it to be much different. Did you keep an eye on it before the blower? I assume you're showing it because it's an unusual amount?

9. Stretch

LMAO! Maybe that's why he was so quick out the blocks before I could walk him down.

10. YoungMedic23

YoungMedic23 Vortech 426 SRT8 Jeep Rollin

Either way you guys are in a good position once you get some shafts, drag radials, and a cmr tune!

11. Stretch

Just showing how well it works, and it seems to catch a lot more when I run it hard of course. Usually don't get that much in three months. I ran her hard for six straight hours almost non-stop. Only down time was waiting for the next race and once when a bike wrecked. Wish I had that one on video. he launched, the bike went up... and they both took out the tree!

12. Quick

Those are some pretty consistent R/Ts. You do know that you're supposed to go on the last yellow and not wait for the green right?:eek:oh:

13. Stretch

I was having to let off the break at the FIRST yellow and let it roll till the last just to get any traction. I even tride to red light a couple of times and pulled a .25 and a .27 which is a red light for our tree being .500 best time. John and others can tell you how bad our traction is here. Man I wish we had a nice 1/4 mile track closer, or at least a nice 1/8th...

14. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Has anyone been to Barona? I wouldn't mind hitting that track up sometime. We should plan a little M&G up there sometime....if the traction is any better than the Q.

15. Stretch

People I've spoken to said it is better than the "Q" but still not great. We'll have to try it out some weekend. Traction can't be any worse at least! Lol! BTW.... what are you doing on this thread... grown-ups are talking about straight lines here... no twisties! Buwaaaaaaa!

16. YoungMedic23

YoungMedic23 Vortech 426 SRT8 Jeep Rollin

hey guys so how does the whole CARB thing work? Do u guys have to go back and have Vortech run some emissions tests or something?

17. Quick

No, not of course. Did you get the same behavior before the blower?

I don't think we ever came to a conlusion on this topic but here's my thinking.

First off the crankase is below the pistons. All the "running it hard" stuff happens above the pistons.
    The PCV valve also limits the amount of pressure through it so it's pretty consistent or less.
    The PCV system "sucks" air/vapors out of the crankcase using the vacuum in the manifold. With a blower you're running less vacuum more of the time (and often negative vacuum) right?

So it's not like running it hard is causing some sort of hurricane force winds to be blowing through your crankcase that's going to be ripping liquids out of there.
    I also believe that blow-by past the rings is mostly dry gasses and particulate matter. So the main effect of that should be dirty oil and not much increase in liquid vapors.

I would guess that if you get a marked increase in liquid vapor from running it hard that it would be due to increased oil temps. So lets say you putter around for months with your engine temps never going above 180. You might have a build up of condensation and other liquids that all vaporize and get burned off when you all of a sudden run your temps way up over 200? or there's something else going on.

18. Stretch

Naw.... that's partly why we have such a "safe" tune along with not being about to use the "hi-flow" CATS for the initial install. A few are putting them on and tuning is in progress as we speak. John seems to be getting some good results. Adam's car will be sweet when they get the tune correct on his if it isn't already.

19. Stretch

Good points... being a belove average knowledge holder of mechanical automotive information, I would just have assumed romping on her at the track would have increased the amounts. Good info to know. I never really measured the amount, but it seems to be pretty close to the same amount being trapped in the can vs. prior to having the blower. Maybe sliiiiiiightly more after, but not much.

20. Quick

Yea, well, I don't know either. Might be a lot I'm not considering or it's just flat wrong. Doesn't seem to be a really hot topic. People get a catch can, they catch oil that would have ended up in the manifold and it's not so interesting after that...