Video PCA Driving School

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Velociabstract, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Velociabstract

Velociabstract Full Access Member

This video is from my go pro (I need to upgrade to something better) taken on the 19th of september 2010 at the Ponce International Raceway (El Tuque) in Puerto Rico. It was a PCA event and I took part in the driving school. You don't get to see the "desert" in my video but the Solo group was composed of some incredible machinery. Ferrari, highly modified rice (450 HP and up) GTR's, Maserati's, dang ..... desert cars! Twin turbo RX7's. Stuff of car shows being used how they should be used. Don't cringe at my mistakes, after a mistake I turned it down a notch. Driving at or under 80% is easy but when you get closer to .... 90 or up % you forget to look ahead, miss the turn in, are so worried about being late braking .... you just screw up. My instructor has a GTR and after driving with me and then going out in his car (I have stoptech's) I overheard him tell his mechanic's, "bleed the brakes again, this car won't stop or turn. It's only good for Nuremberg!" I can only hope it was because of the comparison with my lowly Chrysler. Hit me with your best and worst. I'm studying my mistakes too and planning my braking points for the next event. Buy the way, the Stoptech's and Motul held up for the entire event. At the end of the 3rd 20 minute session I noticed a slight diminished braking capability and today it's obvious that the brakes have to be bled. The G forces caused my capacitor on the drivers door speaker to fall so I have that to fish out and re connect. I wish I had done better, but I'm also pleased how proficient I am at under 80% .... for now.

http://www.vimeo.com/15140257

Les

2. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

good deal!!!! yeah i always record my runs and imeaditly watch them afterwards and look for where i can improve or what i need to do. that % is what i usually drive at and never push 100% on any surface im on. keep up the good work and look to keep improving your skills Les!!!

3. Velociabstract

Velociabstract Full Access Member

Thanks Nevin! Too bad I got slowed down by a Porsche, BMW, EVO X. I always watch your videos, I think the parking lot autocross is more of a challenge.

Les