Update for the Past 2 Months

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BENISASPUD, Jun 12, 2011.

1. BENISASPUD

BENISASPUD Full Access Member

It all started about a week before SF6. Left motor mount, right motor mount, and tranny mount all going out and finally getting the left motor mount installed the morning before we left Utah for Beach Burger. I lost the pictures of the broken motor mounts, but a few people at SF6 got to see that broken mounts that I brought with me.

Then I had a decent drive back to Utah and then a week and a half later after a M&G, I'm just cruising along going about 75-80mph and my driveshaft snapped, which destroyed the rear differential, exhaust, gas tank, and heat shield. I also ended up losing my passenger side side-marker light.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took it to the shop and it sat for about a month before a very good friend, Sean, gave me his spare driveshaft and rear differential in my time of need. At this time, I had a car payment, CA auto registration, and being laid off all happening at the same week. Here is some pictures of the aftermath.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After getting everything installed, my car breaks down on the way to a car show. I had ran out of gas. My gas needle wasn't working properly. Got some gas and everything was fine for a day. Then the car started sputtering like Eleanor from Gone In 60 Seconds. Thinking that maybe the car sat for a month and just needed some TLC, we reset the computer which didn't work. Then took it to Dodge and had them re-flash it which still didn't work. Car didn't throw any codes when I would be driving on the road going around 40mph and die while I'm driving. It just pinged low oil and low brake fluid which I had already done when the car was sitting for a month.

We then decided to replace the fuel pump to see if that was the issue and found that the floater was working, but the magnetic strip that it ran along had rubbed out which didn't send the correct info to the computer and made the car shut down thinking that there isn't any gas.
    [​IMG]

Now the car is working fine and back on the road, but made a huge dent in pocketbook and savings. Just glad that every time the car died in the middle of the road, I didn't get into a car accident and just happy that I got my baby back.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Good grief...and I thought my past two months were torture. Hope things start looking up and hopefully you found at least some kinda answer/solution to all the car issues.

3. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Well, you survived, and so did your baby!
    Feel for you buddy.

Fredrik

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yikes. Glad everything is better now, but I am extremely curious about the drive shaft (U-Joints) and the cause?

Fuel Pump, well that was because you ran it out of gas. Down fall of a submerged pump. It must have fluid running through and around it at all times.

5. Hemi31

Hemi31 [email protected]

looks like the rubber coupler let loose and took out the driveshaft and diff.

6. BENISASPUD

BENISASPUD Full Access Member

Well, looks like the car is still stalling. Anybody have any ideas? Pretty much I have to sit at the light with the brake pedal down and also keep the RPMs around 1200 or it will just sputter and die. It's still pinging low oil and low brake fluid which have both been changed and filled. Any ideas?