Trojans HHP Challenger runs 11.79 N/A

Discussion in 'Drag Racing' started by Trojan, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

Well Fellas what a day!, You all know we got shut down in Sacramento last week. :tip::tip:
    I still had a blast all weekend long, Cam would'nt let me sleep, And CV's room was right next to mine and Him and the Miss's Nilla kept me up the rest of the night! :sad:
    J/king anyhow 1000 miles frucking later Im back at home with no slip.........:mad2:
    Then it dawned upon my crazy ass! That Stanko dude's been moonlighlting over at the MBZ forums and mentioned at track day coming up. You all know how I feel about AMG's :love:.
    So I call Steve and low and behold its this Saturday and theres a spot left. its 250 but its 10 cars , 1 lane all day!! And 8 of them are AMG's!!!! Then its Stanko and me.

I tried like no ones bussiness to get Cam in, In hindsight I wish he would of just showed up. We had the whole frickin place to ourselves. It was insane. Fully staffed Track.

Anyway I get there at 6:45, its 170 miles from the pad, 2.5 hrs. I woke up at 4 and couldnt sleep, I was nervous, I aint gonna lie. Ive never tracked the car and we, I mean Cam :locked: striped it bare and put it back together. suspension and rear end, axles etc. Im thinking the worse cause Im paranoid.:laugh:. Where was I, oh at the track at 6:45, I'm the first one there and the track guy pulls up we talk for like 20 mins, Dudes name is "GO" told me cuz he's always on the "GO"! go figure, He was cool, and they loved the car so I think I got extra love today!!

So I pull in to the pits and park and some MBZ guys start showing up, Its gray as ***K out and Im wonder how long its gonna be dry. By 7:30 its drizzling and the whole place is WET! Now what? 2 weeks in a row? Cam calls and tells me there's 1 cloud in all of Calif, guess what? Its on top of Bakersfield!!! And this wasn't a joke! This was a satellite view from his computer. Good news was its like 20 miles wide and by noon they were drying the place down and spraying vht. Then we started running.

The slips explain the day I ran a few 12.0's a few more 11.9's and then all these.
    Report on the car is WOW, I luv it, New 315 Hoosiers worked sick, Car ran flawless, Definetly need to get oil/trans cooler going, the car runs at 183* like ALWAYS.
    unless I sit for like a hour and let it cool way down, which is hard to do when theres a empty track sitting there. I ran pump gas 91, I didnt strip sh*t out of the car.
    In fact Ive added at least 200lbs with the roll bar/dynamatt, I know Im a buckfifty but still the car must weigh 4400 at least. My 315's stick out a 1" or so, the car squats and doesnt hit them,

Stanko out ran me today I think he ran a 11.74 N/A, I got no pictures other then these, and a few of Stanko.

I wanna give shout outs to Josh/Bruce and Tony B for building me a awesome motor. :rockon::rockon::rockon: Its been flawless and painless since day 1, Bob @ SVS for the CMR tune, Bob she ran sick all day, Only thing I tweaked with the handheld was shiftspoints/rev limiter.
    Cam thanks for helping me today on the phone, PPP Andy :search: Thanks for the help today that was cool! Steve thank you for the hook up, Oh and the AMG guy's? They were cool and there doing it again in Jan!! 1 guy was running 11.3 @ 123, other then that they set some AMG records but Steve and I cleaned up the rest. :tomato:
    [​IMG]

Sequence shot of Steves Jeep Launching
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  2. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

dude.........your chally is SO sexy with those dr's on there

3. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

And you did that on 8.5 compression!
    Great times Trojan.

4. sgtstanko

sgtstanko Want to go FASTER!!!

Hey Chris!!

Chris..good times for sure man! Ten cars and fully track staff....talk about being spoiled. They even brought Chris coffee out to his car..:worthy:!!

The Challenger is bad ass, and that is one mean low compression 426. The guys at HHP have to be proud. Bob@SVS Performance is a tuning God amongst mortals!!! This whole year I have struggled with my tune having it band aided. The Jeep is on its 2nd tune revision based on data logging a whole new tune written by Bob and it blows my former high dollar tune AWAY!! The time tickets dont lie tested back to back.

SVS Performance tune made my Jeep THE Quickest and Fastest N/A Jeep in the nation hands down. No one comes close for a daily driver N/A Jeep. Not bad for a 5,000lb truck with a 245lb driver!!!

5. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

NIce man Almost same times as me. WE both need to work on are launches and get them down to 1.6x

6. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Nice!!

haha, time between 1st and 2nd run... 7 minutes

7. Jim383

Jim383 07 SRT-8 GC

Steve where is SVS PERFORMANCE AT. Do you think they can help me at all as you kinda no my tune set up and last week i ran [email protected].

8. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Told you Chris. haha

Congrats, and being your motor is still waiting the final touch, those are GREAT times.

9. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Love that Chally, congrats to yourself and Steve, wicked times!

10. bee0912

bee0912 Rumble Bee 0912

Way to go, and im with Markus. I would have a hard time taking those off!

11. Trojan

Thanks alot fella's.

Yes he can help, Google SVS R&D IN SACRAMENTO. Bob Crespo is his name, No Hassle tunes is his game!! :bye:

12. DadsSRT8

DadsSRT8 Crusin in Mag

Cool runs Chris... glad the car is working like you expected it too and what can one say about all of the good input you get from many here...

We will be up the road a bit next week at BW doing a road track day with Speed Trails.. it is on the big course and only $150.00 for the day.. and there is still some room left if you want to take it through the corners.. I would love to see how your Chally does on a road curse...

13. fatchance

fatchance Supporting Vendor

great write up Chris....that car is sick

14. Techco-CD

Techco-CD Supporting Vendor

3125 E Coronado Street, Anaheim, Ca. 92806
    Great run Chris!!!!

15. Tenor1Joe

Tenor1Joe Joe Cool

That is soooo cool I am gelous

16. Trojan

Thanks you all, Dang I want more, Carlos get to work, I need 10's before the new year!

17. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

^ I said that before last new years. and I am almost done with my quest. MAn your cars just fucking bad ass man. I couldnt build any thing sicker!!!!

18. Mike@Diablosport

Mike@Diablosport Full Access Member

Wow, congrats Chris, thats awesome performance for a half finished project!!!

Most people would be happy with those numbers as an end result, forget the fact that you still have a few pounds of boost to come!!!

Keep it up, and see if you cant get those numbers down even further as the cooler weather makes its way through Cali.

Enjoy!

19. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

that was exactly my first thought as well hahahahahaha

20. Trojan

Thanks Mike and Steve! I got a few tricks left up my sleeve for this Chally to run N/A.
    Going back real soon.

To bad I cant drive around with the DR's all the time! Id really be asking for it then!