Tire pressure for new tires???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CentralTexHemi, Mar 12, 2008.

1. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Just had the Toyo Proxes S/T put on the Jeep in the 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 setup. I was wondering what others aired theirs up to as they are different than stock. The tire place put them at 37 ftlbs stock is 32 is this right, too hi, too low???? FYI, OMG this is SO MUCH BETTER:dribble: than stock. Just the short drive to my office (not getting over 30mph) the ride was much smoother and I did not feel every darn bump in the road:band::headspin:

2. Blown-WK

Blown-WK cherokeesrt8 survivor!

Sweet, I knew you were up to something with the lug nut question:thumb2: How much were they? Need pics asap.

3. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Thanks for the text on the lug nut torque specs, total for all 4 were 754.00 but by the time they added mount and balance, tire disposal fees and I added road hazard it was a little over a grand by the time I left the shop this morning.

4. GGreek5

GGreek5 Olimpiakos

The difference made me feel like I was drivin a friggin Caddi!!! Congrats Wade. :thumb3:

5. bankrman

bankrman Give me your money!

Is there much of a difference in the look?? I would love a smoother ride...and if handling is better as well...

6. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Yes much smoother ride and better handline posting pics right now

7. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

32 seems too low for how heavy your car is and 37, a bit high probably. I don't have a Jeep but I know tires pretty well and I'd keep them at 35 and see how they wear. Depends on how you drive too. Example with my Mustang. Totally modded and I go through tires like they're going out of style, lol, so I've learned to "adjust" to what works for me. In front I jack them up to 36 psi since I corner hard and tend to wear the outer edges fast. 30 psi in the rear cause I tend to spin the tires all the time and wear out the middle. Works pretty good that way for me. Everyone's dif though and manufactures give a good starting point but it's not always right for everyone.