This would make you millions

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by Quick, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I'm thinking someone could develop something electrical to generate a static charge on body panels. Positive or negative it would be the "other" charge that is attracting the dust. when I wax the car (yes, Magnums are possibly the worst) I only have to drive a mile or two to get a visible layer of dust on the rear of the car. This is on clean streets. So the air flow pulls it up onto the rear but ... it doesn't have to stick there does it? How about a static charge that would repel the dust to some extent. That too much to ask?

2. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

3. kingnate

kingnate Full Access Member

You sure the wax isn't sticky? San Jose is pretty humid which makes is alot harder to build a charge.

4. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Why would anyone want to rub/grind the dust around on their paint?
    Chris did that and the next step was Richie Carbone.

No. Zaino. Polish not wax and, with accelerator it's dry in 5 minutes. And I follow up with their anti-static detailer (Z6) -- the anti-static part helps a little bit but no where near enough. Basically the dust from buffing it doesn't cling and there's no static charge left from buffing. San Jose humid? It does rain once a week for a month or two, but we're firmly classified as desert.