Thinking about picking up an SRT-6

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by vvv90, Dec 31, 2007.

1. vvv90

vvv90 She's a Ho...For show....

Crossfire that is (like there's any other kind.)

Holy crap can those be had cheap!

This would be in addition to, not a replacement of one of my other 2 SRT vehicles. That would make a 6, an 8, and a 10. Pretty cool eh? :D

I need a small, fun car that's easy to park in the city (parallel) I wouldn't call it a beater because I refuse to drive a "beater" type car but something cheap in the ~$20k range is what I want. I starting thinking about the neon SRT4's but they're still kinda pricey for a 5 year old vehicle with high miles that some kid beat on ~$16-$18k range. Hell, those cars were $22k brand new. For a few K more I can get in a low mile SRT6 for cryin' out loud and you get a lot more for your money.

THere's 2 in my area for $21-23k asking price.

What do you guys think? They're wonderful performing cars but I'm not in love with the styling. I like the uniqueness of it though. I'd probably rip the wing off.

Gimme an idea for another fun small car in that price range used w/ low miles ~15-20k miles if you have any other ideas.

2. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

hmm, thats good bang for your buck. i was gonna get a caymen s if i could pick one up for around 40k but the modding is limited and its not nearly as well prices as an srt6. i say go for it bro!

3. Goats

Goats God of skittles

get both i say

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Go for it Matt.

You can shoot essareteesix a PM. She is a Moderator here and loves her 6.

5. 300CSRT8

300CSRT8 www.dfwlx.com

I like the SRT6, Only issue I have is that the hood reminds me of this

[​IMG]

6. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

If I could afford it I would get an SRT6...wouldnt trade the 10 though...fun to drive...If you have a good relationship with your dealer have him check the Chrysler dealer auctions....lot of Crossfires with less than 100 miles...

7. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

I don't think you can get much more bang for the buck than that...but it is really small. Have you thought of the Caliber SRT4? Has room and some zoom. The interior (shifter and center console) need some real work though. My choice would be the SRT6.

8. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Have you ever tried to get inside on Matt. I know I can't. Cindy would like one, but the only Crossfire I could get in is a convertible with the top down. LOL

We would probably already own one if I could get my fat ass in one.

9. Carlos Garza

Carlos Garza Full Access Member

I would definitely buy one, if I had the parking space and the money :tooth: ...IMO, the Crossfire SRT6s are a blast!!!! I drove one at the SRT track experience last year and the car has very good power and they also handle great, this car just hugs the road, the SRT6 should be a great autocross car.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  10. 1FST4DR

1FST4DR Supporting Vendor

X2...If i could get my big a$$ in one I would have one too.For craps sake i only could fit in the vert at the driving experience..

11. srt4evah

srt4evah Raw Meat

I think I'm sold on the 6, I'll have to add one to the stable someday, after I'm satisfied with the work on the 4 and the 8.

The lack of aftermarket for it kinda sucks, but at the same time makes it more interesting to work with, and it's a great platform to start off. It's got loads of grip, and is almost as light as the SRT-4, plus it's a very rare bird.

There are a bunch in my area stickered for the low 20's, but I imagine you could wheedle some more off the asking prices... very tempting...

12. cobrakid

cobrakid New Member

When I drove them at the SRT experience, they were probably the
    biggest surprise.....and handled the best.

I would love to change the plugs, and spray it with a 100 shot, with a
    B&G tune of course......would probably hit low...low 12s.

Goodluck.

13. srt4evah

srt4evah Raw Meat

I hear they hit low 12s with a pully, intake, and some other minor things.

Spray would be the easiest answer... meth would be nice, but how would you tune it... hmm...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  14. BrianBrave

BrianBrave BB

I've installed a few mods on mine and all I can say is that these cars can be made to flat out get.

ECU tune options are pretty slim. I had my tune performed by SpeedInnovations in Van Nuys and along with my mods listed below, I dyno'd at 317WHP - 320WTW (Dyno-Dynamics). This translates to 434 Crank HP and 438 FP of Torque. Not to bad for a 3,020Lb car.

And yes, the SRT-6 corners like it's on rails. U-turns are really freakin tight and it's pretty comfortable for a two-seater. Plus I can always go the Mercedes dealer for parts.

15. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

The sixes are SOOOO much fun to drive. Especially at Laguna! Hmm, maybe I'll get one of those instead of the chally. :hmm:

16. Buck70

Buck70 old fart

bobtail

They are fun to drive, BUT that wing is there for a reason.
    That short wheelbase and the aero lift of no wing would be a disater at over 100mph. And trust me, if you bought one you would want to see how fun/stable it is at 150 plus.

17. vvv90

vvv90 She's a Ho...For show....

Yeah you've made a good point. It is an oddly shaped very light vehicle. I'm sure the SRT team knew what they were doing.

Besides, if I got one there's be a bunch of holes I'd have to cover up. It's something I could live with.

Update:

Never got one...I kinda came to my senses and realized I don't need 4 cars. :doh:

Besides, it left me with the cash to pay off my SRT8 so that feels good.

Maybe next year.