They are trying to change Military Retirement Plan

Discussion in 'Military Hall' started by Crock, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Crock

Crock Communication

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

They say the current system is unfair? WTF, are they nuts?

Main reason I got out back in 96 (at nearly 10 years of service) was because of Clinton and his administration slashing the retirement from 50% to 35%. Of course that program only lasted a couple of years.

Instead of them making the soldiers suffer with LESS money, why isn't the government cutting their own pay and benefits?

3. Bullishman13

Bullishman13 SRT8 Noob with a passion

This may be grandfathered in. So if you came into the program, you may still see the benefit. Still sucks for those that choose to serve if this is passed.

Saber rattling. No mention of those that vote in such laws to cut their pay, their benefits. It would appall most of you to really know how much the Legislative Branch contributes (see: NONE) to social programs, and how much they benefit for life.

I won't link it here, but do a little edumacations for yourself.

I'm at 13 years, fought one med board to stay in. At the time of my board I was 24, and was to be granted a minimum of 70% at time of discharge. I fought it and won't accept anything less than a certificate of retirement and my pension.

Government administrators are playing with fire while holding the can of gas. You don't mess with those you fund with training to kill, destroy and overcome insurmountable odds. Nuff said.

Ignore the black choppers....... :D

4. Rec 26

Rec 26 ...a tremor in the MOPAR

El Paso, TX via Centereach, NY Vieques, PR and San
    They are now talking about that this will go into effect immediately and it will effect those that are serving right now regardless of how much time you have in.

5. Bullishman13

Bullishman13 SRT8 Noob with a passion

Mack45

Good to see you here contributing nothing. Now go away.