The Wall.....

Discussion in 'House of Power Racing' started by HoP Racing, May 3, 2008.

1. HoP Racing

HoP Racing Mad Scientist

I've seen many people complaining about hitting the wall after doing some mods to their cars. This happened to me one time, I figured it out and now it has not happened since.

PRatio = Look at it as you would MAP. If your seeing a peak of say .95 at ooh maybe "peak torque" and then it starts to taper off this is a clue. What would cause a peak PRatio number at peak torque?

Another scenario. Say your forced inducted. Before you made 1 bar peak boost. You make some changes to the intake, maybe port some areas, fix the short turns of the intake and so forth. You re-test your theory and find that now your making 12 psi of boost and you gained @ 20 rwhp. You lost boost and increased horsepower? Is this possible.... well yes it is. You eliminated a restriction and boost is a measurement of what?.... restriction. Same theory applies to a NA motor what comes in most come out, camshafts with greater intake lift vs exhaust lift in these cars rarely win.

2. SanDiegoSRT8

SanDiegoSRT8 Hotbuns69

Pshhh.

You swear you know everything Josh. You act like you're a mechanic or something.

J/K bud.

How is my "pain in the a$$" car treating you ?

BTW. Good info.

3. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

food for thought josh..........

4. HoP Racing

HoP Racing Mad Scientist

I think I actually saw a grin on your cars bumper when the motor was delivered. Gonna pull the piston out behind closed doors so it won't know what's up. J/K. You'll be up and running this week, need to get all the cars out this week. Big plans this month.