The SHOP/TUNER are as important as the parts you choose.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cvp33, Jun 14, 2009.

1. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

I felt compelled to share the whole story of my weekend hiccup with my ProCharger. As some of you are aware I had a little scare yesterday and thought I grenaded my motor. Turned out to be a simple fuse to the ProCharger's boost a pump. I was driving down the highway when I heard a "pop" noise and was sure I'd blown a ringland or worse. My tuner was awesome.

I called them Saturday afternoon (they are closed) to let them know what happened. Within 10 minutes I get a call back from the owner who meets me at his shop and calls his tuner in to look at my car. The tuner diagnosed the issue over the phone as a blown fuse, but still came in to take care of me. I just wanted to share this story because not every tuner/shop is interested in really taking care of their customers.

Frank and Brent have had to do some real "hand holding" with me as I get educated over the forums I keep buzzing them with questions. They always take the time to explain everything to me. And I do mean everything. Frank and Brent are not just real car guys, they're real enthusiasts who take the time to treat their customers right. Thanks again for reaffirming my decision to have you guys do my install.

Chris

2. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

always good to have a situation like this chris!!!! kudos to your builder and tuner!!!

3. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

congrats to them for making sure you where taken care of.

damn those boost-a-pumps. i have have to replace a few myself.

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

We all have. lol

I have found that if you turn the key to the "On" position (do not start motor yet) and wait for all the chimes to finish, then start the car, it will save the fuse's life span.

Also, upgrade the wiring and fusable link to a big gauge wire...

5. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

the problem that i am having is not the fuse itself. they are burning one of the internal circuits and shorting the case to ground. remember is have to keep the eastlake queeret blowers running. lol

6. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Glad to hear this story had a happy ending...:sweat:

7. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

no doubt, i personally think the shop/tuner is the most important part of a build. ive learned my lessons through the crap tuners that sacramento has to offer to bring my cars to the bay area. i will never use another ls1 tuner in sacto again.

8. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Great story, what Boost a Pump are you using?

9. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Supporting Vendor

I installed the kit for chris. The boost a pump is the one supplied by Procharger. Glad it worked out for you Chris

Sean

10. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Is it the same as the other systems? Seems to be an ongoing issue...

11. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Supporting Vendor

We have done several Prochargers and this is the first failure we have had but we will keep one in stock at all times now. We have used the Kenne Bell boost a pumps in the past on these cars and have not had a single failure that i can think of with those. We keep those here on hand for the Mustangs as well so maybe we will have to switch to those if this continues to be an issue.

Thanks
    Sean

12. Dtpracing

Dtpracing Supporting Vendor

Hey Chris,
    If a company doesn't have great customer service, then the rest doesn't really matter. We appreciate you taking the time to give us some "props" for getting the matter resolved for you. We're a small shop but we take a lot of pride in the product that rolls out the door.

Glad you like the results, maybe down the road we can get a 2800 stall in the car so you can get the full effect of the s/c right off the line. Enjoy the car and let us know when you're ready for the next mod.