"THE PACKAGE" Well here it is - Jected's Whipple 3.4L install

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Jected, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Hehehehe....Nope still drive by wire which they worked out how to do :secret::secret::secret::secret:

Thanks Cam, very happy with it and still can't believe its nearly done. I just can't wait to go racing again. Its been more than 9 months now. AHHHHHHH!

2. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

I completely understand. Mine has been apart more in the last year and a half then it's run. It gets really old after a while. :crying:

3. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Actually I tell a lie. It came off the road April 18th 2008. Almost a year. Car has only done 12,000km. Its still has warranty left for another year. Could I claim anything you think..LOL!

Yes I knwo what you mean. I will not be doing anything else on this for a looooong time if at all (god I hope this is it).

4. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

You know it never ends!!!! It's a problem people like us have. Embrace it my friend it's harder to try and fight it

5. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

LOL...So true mate so true. Hell I bought this car with the idea it doesn't need anything done to it and that I owuld be happy with it the way it was. That lasted 2 weeks and didn't stop as you can now see. Like Cam I actually think the car has been off the road more than it has been on the road and in one piece. Funny that :)

6. PPPAndy

PPPAndy New Member

Update: I got some pics and some info that I wasnt supposed to share but I wanted to give you guys a sneak peak. The car is running and they were tuning on the car and making a ton of progress. The XXXXXXXXXX is working perfectly and XXXXXXXXXXX XX XX X XXXXXXXXXX, I am very surprised to hear of the success. This is extremely exciting news for all of us and definitely the first time this has successfully been done. Lets just say, we will be doing the same thing with our car and I am not referring to the 3.4!

Here are some pics classified top secret out of Aussie Land.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Well what a first day it has been on the dyno and I cannot be happier with what it has achieved. All I can say is that it certainly has a heart beat and the smile cannot be wiped from my face.

@ 15 pound it ended up with 518kw at the tyres or 704rwhp after being run for most of the day.

The car performed flawlessly and the guys at HP/F also mentioned that the blower was also no where near max capacity. The discharge temps were starting to creep up a little bit with the added boost but still well within safe operating temps. The only issue that was encountered was a slight air leak somewhere either around the intercooler water pipe outlet or rear intake which they will be using their smoke machine on tomorrow to find out where – nothing of concern though and basically this was the only issue seen. Either way I am extremely happy with that and cannot believe how much power it has actually made.

Now I did have video going today but you will not believe what has happened. For some reason the sound did not record AT ALL. Someone had put the recording on mute and all I got were images. I did get some video on my phone earlier in the day but it is terrible quality. Will post it up if you want but its really nothing to go by. I can say though that it sounded like nothing else I have heard before.

Anyway will have more images and video tomorrow when I go back down and will promise to do a better job!

I will also get a proper dyno sheet from them but he is a still shot of what I saw today.

8. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

help me out andy........what am i looking for in these pics that is so top secret????? lol

9. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

very nice Mate.

Go get some new vid's and then post up. haha

So, WHAT is this secret thing you have been teasing us with? lol

10. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Damn, I need an SC.

I probably hold the record for not having my car. It's been gone for 7 weeks now. I picked it up last night to get my new tires. Goes back this afternoon. Propably won't drive it again till the week of Springfest.

11. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

The car has just made 560rwkw/761rwhp WOO HOO! Unbelieveable and extremely happy with that. All air leaks sorted and there's the power. Still HEAPS left in it apparrently but either way I could noty be happy with the result. Plenty of video's and dyno sheets for every run will be up shortly.

Of and the little surprise. This was all tuned via a standalone engine management system - MOTEC which still sees all OEM electronics working as normal. Will have more on tis later.

12. HalV48

Damn, massive HP and more left in it.

Refresh my memory. What fuel delivery setup are you running?

13. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

The car is now running a full standalone engine managament and ignition system - MOTEC M800 and MOTEC CDI-8. And yes all the factory electronics still work. Not sure how I can show this but take my word on it that it all works as OEM.

Fuel system is running twin Bosch 800 hp external fuel pumps, larger diameter fuel lines and return style fuel system, surge tank, 8x1000cc injectors, rising rate fuel regulator, BT Fuel rails and crossover and I think thats about it. Will have the build card up shortly with all the details on the build.

14. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Well I got back from HP/F a little while ago and I finally got the chance to not only drive it but feel just hw fast this thing is. IT WILL TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO! &^%$ me! LOL.

Today we ended up with 567.1rwkw or just over 760rwhp @ 15 pound. Everything is running perfectly and tune is 99% done. Marty (the boy genius at HP/F) will do some road tuning tomorrow which will also address the only slight issue encountered which was it sometimes stalls in first gear coming to a stop (they say is an easy fix and the whole thing will be done in under 1/2 hour). The car is now fully assembled and has also been detailed which just means I will arrive at HP/F at 11am tomorrow as instructed to then finally take pocession of the car. I cannot wait.

Anyway here are some dyno sheets and pictures from today, video's are uploading and will be up as soon as they are ready

HPF dyno results @ 15 pound = 567.1kw or 760.5rwhp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

I cannot believe it I have no sound again. I am posting these anyway as I have just spent an hour and a half uploading them. Sorry guys will get more video tomorrow. I have no idea what is wrong with my camera and I am furious that 2 days now no decent vids. Bugger it I will buy a new one tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. HalV48

Awesome. I know how much harder it is to drive my car at 500 HP, let alone 760. I haven't even had the N2O turned on yet on the street or the track.

There is no audio on videos. At least on my wifes iMac.

17. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

A HUGE congrats Daniel. Glad the EMS is working like a charm. That is leaps and bounds for our Hemi cars and my hats off to you and HP/F for pioneering not only one monster blower, but the EMS to go along with it.

The power curves look great. You will now have to relearn the monster, but that is 1/2 the fun, right? haha

18. PPPAndy

PPPAndy New Member

Did the camshaft give any fits? Do they feel it is a sufficient twin-screw camshaft?

19. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

He made 760 with more left inthe table and an amazing dyno curvei would say ur cam is doing wonders andy

20. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Thanks mate. Believe ity or not when I frst took it out and babied it, iit was as though didn't have the power shown. Step into it and WOW!

No audio on those video's I know. PISSED off as they were awesome soundingg clips as well. Some setting in my camera had changed I don't know why but its fixed now.

Tell me about it. This weekend for sure LOL!

To be honest I have no idea what I was feeling hehehehe....No there were no dramas at all with it, it seemed to work well and was never a topic of discussion.

LOL! Yep. :)