Thank you Mikey!

Discussion in 'BMC / Speedlogix' started by Dookie, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Wanted to say a big thanks to Mikey @ BMC...placed my order for the 09 215mm half shafts (seen here: http://www.bmcspeedshop.com/product_p/bmcp-215mm.htm ) online on Feb 15th. Mikey followed up with a phone call to me to let me know the order was received and will ship out the following day. He also offered the replacement pumpkin seals, which i declined, but thanked him for the call and concern. I received my order today, the 19th, in relatively good condition. Bearing hubs are fine but the dust shields on the shafts are a little bent up ([see thumbnail] which is very common to happen during shipment) but nothing a little tweaking won't fix.

In the interim, i got to thinking about the install, and figured this would be a good time to fix my camber in the rear (being lowered 2+ inches). So I gave Mikey a call with what I had in mind, he recommended the Eibach +/- 1.5 degree camber bushings for the rear (seen here: http://www.bmcspeedshop.com/product_p/eib-5-66020k.htm ) because of how much I was lowered, and advised an alignment shop to install and should be able to get my rear camber into proper adjustment. Placed my order that day, haven't received them as of yet, but expect them in next week.

All in all i had a very good experience with both orders. The expert advice, timely shipment, customer service, and competitive pricing. So I really wanted to say a huge thank you for a job well done by BMC Performance. In this day, it's sometimes tough to get quality products and service in the automotive industry, so if you are looking for that, contact Mikey at BMC, he'll take good care of you.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. King Savage

King Savage Nasty Canasta

Well, I see you are forcing me to order more parts for my money-pit Kyle. Thanks buddy. ;) lol

Now get them installed so you aren't always listening for the SNAP coming from the rear!!!

I second the thanks to Mikey. I got my Aeroforce gauges a bit back and got exactly what I ordered, exactly when he said I would. What else can you ask for?!?

3. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Hahaha! Install coming soon bro!...Yep, I hit limp mode the other day in the tranny, and first thought was the rear shafts...it got me off my ass to order them
    I'm also just tired of not having traction, so I plan on some Nitto DR's for the rear on stock wheels...I wish someone could answer me if the 305's will fit without issue.

4. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Have a question for BMC or whomever knows...What socket size is the wheel/shaft nut? Trying to prepare for install. Thanks.

5. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Full 2" drop?! I'm surprised he didn't recommend the bumper-to-bumper, armor plate belly pan too.

6. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

I hear ya there Dave...main reason i went with stock shorty headers on this motor...with my old LT's i had 2-1/2 inches of ground clearance. I know, not very practical but damn it looks good. My tire size of 255/35/20 doesn't help things much either, but i plan to change that also here shortly.

7. King Savage

I have never, ever, not once went into any limp mode. I wouldn't know what I did if it happened...and I SHAG my car pretty good.

I remember legshaker went into detail about tire sizes way back when and I know 305s (on 20s) were hitting the inner wheel well unless some modifications were done...he will have a pretty good idea.

I have some 5mm or 7mm (can't remember) wheel spacers you can have if you want 'em.
    [​IMG]

8. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Wow! Thanks Jon...If I need them, i'll get them from you. I'm sure leg humper has seen me ask if they fit on here a few times, and no definative answers...I've seen where the Chally guys have used them on stock SRT wheel, and no issue. Nitto's site says use a 10" min wheel width, but they said the same about other application i've had, and 9" worked fine for me. I just hate to order them and they not work..PITA, ya know. And I hate to get the 275's and they don't hook for shit. I'll likely get the 305's, mount em up and see....On second thought, i'll take those spacers, on the in case. I'll PM you my address, and UPS account number.

I answered my other question...the axle nut is 1-1/4", so i'll have to buy that socket, and a few Torx socket, but the rest should be in the tool box.
    If anyone has any install tips/tricks things to be aware of, post it up. I tried searching for an axle install thread without luck. Guess i might have to do one myself...it'll give me and the wife some good quality time, she can take pics (with the good camera) and I can work...it'll be fun!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  9. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

It only happens to me when going around 40-50 and I nail it with ESP fully ON...the rear wheels spin and RPM's raise so fast, then "BAM", a strong jolt to the car when it goes into limp mode...then car goes into neutral and comes to idle. You have to come to stop, put in park, kill it, then restart...all bacK to normal...plus it throws a code P0700. It's happened twice since I got tuned by Johan.

10. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Fugg it...i just ordered the 305's...they'll be here Monday!

11. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

12. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Thanks Ron, will do on the bushings...but why in the hell do you have to drop the diff to remove the axles?

13. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I dunno. Hemi31 (Erik) did the how-to.

14. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Yea, like HE knows what he's doing... ;)

15. King Savage

LOL. I so totally understand. I'll go dig those spacers out in the morning!

If HHP would have called me back today (or yesterday for that matter like Jeff said) I would have shelled out for a prebuilt Wavetrac, maybe even a step lower gears also...3.23 or whatever that is. NADA.

16. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Sweet, i bet i'll need them, thanks dude!
    Jon, i really hope you get that Wavetrac and can guinea pig it for me

17. King Savage

Should have them Tuesday, USPS buddy.

If I could get a friggin' call back I would have a Wavetrac on it's way to SVS :) I think I am going to go 3.23 gears.

[​IMG]

18. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

If you need a Wavetrac let us know Jon

19. King Savage

I do. Prebuilt. Plan is to have it shipped to SVS in the next few weeks so I can have it installed on my way to SF5. I am totally up in the air about stock gears, or 3.23. Thoughts on the whole thing? BTW, thanks for responding!

20. Speedlogix

Speedlogix BMC is now Speedlogix

Thanks for the kind words, and for your business and support!! Can't wait to see the install pics! :)

You don't have to remove the diff to swap out the axles, so save yourself some time there.

Thanks,
    Lisa.